Not open for further replies.

aditya169

Journeyman
hi i have p4 3.00 ghz
with 915 gav m.b
512 ram
128 vedio ram .

the system was bought recently

the problem is many games like crazy taxy 3 , painkillers , dues ex invisible war, etc games does not run at all . i have direct x 9 .c . the game quits as soon as it starts. tony hawk pro sk8er 4 works properly but other games does not work. the system is looot better than the min requirments. still the game does not work why?

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
crazy taxy 3 - Resource hungry i don't know why , the game runs really bad

painkiller- Hardware T&L needed , use 3d analyze to bypass the hw t&l requirement , the game runs smoothly on highest settings on a 915 with 3ghz of processor

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
if you have onboard video,do these games need geforce 3 or higher?

also,this comp is overall the lowest or amongst the lowest things that are currently in the market for gaming

you need to buy a new graphic card

preferably geforce 6600gt or higher

OP
A

aditya169

Journeyman
the configration of my computer is double the the recomended configration

recomended
128 mb ram
64 v ram
p 4 1ghz

i have
512 ram
128 vram
p4 3.00ghz

the configation is good i guess
still they do not work
i have win xp profrssional . is home edition designed for games?

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Its not the OS, its the graphics card. Most newer games, especially those like Deus Ex 2, are very demanding on 3D card requirements and will either not run at all or will run like a PowerPoint slideshow on onboard video. The problem is that the VRAM is probably shared with system memory, which further drops your performance a couple of notches. The best thing to do would be to go in for at least a really cheap card, even the lower quality ones like the GeForce 4 MX 440 SE or the FX 5200 or the 6200 would give you a tremendous boost in performance as far as your games are concerned. One of the best lower-mid end cards to get would be the Radeon 9600/9800 and a good mid-high end card would be the 6600GT. Trust me, newer games are very unforgiving on hardware requirements.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
aditya169 said:
the game is meeting with the minimum requirment so it shhould work
No dude. Your computer does not meet the minimum requirements of the game. If the manufacturer claims 64MB video RAM as a requirement it is wrong on his part. The requirement probably is 64 MB+ GeForce4 and above. You need a dedicated graphics card to make the latest games work.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
When games say that they need 64MB VRAM, they mean 64MB dedicated VRAM, not shared. You have an onboard graphics controller which shares 128MB of the main system memory. So, first of all, the memory is not dedicated and second of all, your system memory goes down when the graphics controller uses the memory it shares. I agree with enoon-get a low-end graphics card. All your games will work.

And yes, both XP Home and Professional are based on the same base so games written for XP will work on both.

OP
A

aditya169

Journeyman
cant i change the shared 128 mb v ram which is onboard to dedicate vedio ram. just enough to run the game.

when i run the game pain killer i get error "unable to inialize directx renderer" I S THIS DIRECT X PROBLEM OR SOME OTHER
may be all the games r not working because it?

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
You seem to miss the whole point. No matter how much RAM you stick into your computer, the above mentioned game will refuse to run for the simple fact that your PC lacks a graphics card. Get a low-end card like GeForce 5200 and you will have the games up and running.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
the 915 GV supports PCI-E if I am not mistaken. So the min card you could get is the 5300. I dont know the price mate.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Actually, a good combo of cheap price to performance should be the 6200, I think. Not the TurboCache enabled 6200, but the vanilla 6200, which can be comfortably OCed to provide a decent performance. The card should cost about 3.5k-4k, but I could be mistaken. Check with your local hardware dealer for the latest prices. The reason I recommend the 6200 over the 5200 is that its the low-end card of the current generation (Series 6) whereas the FX 5200 is the previous generation. (Series 5) It can pretty much run every single new game, at resolutions of about 800x600 with all effects turned off/Low and no AA/AF.

OP
A

aditya169

Journeyman
i bought this computer new thinking it will run most of the games without any other graphic card . i think that win xp is nt dectecting my on board graphic

Sourabh

Laptoping
aditya169 said:
i bought this computer new thinking it will run most of the games without any other graphic card . i think that win xp is nt dectecting my on board graphic

lol ..install the display drivers from the Intel CD or download the latest ones from the intel wedsite

D

dinesh_singh

u can get a xfx 5200 in about 2600.
and it will solve ur problem.but will only run games in low settings.if u can get a piece of 9800 pro or a 6600gt get it.6600gt will cost u 10000-12000
i dunno about 9800pro may be about 6-7000.
fx 5200 will run hl2 and doom3 at 800x600 with 30-60 fps.quite playable.
i completed hl2 on my gigabyte fx 5200 with about 45-60 fps..with my athlon 2400+ and 512 mb ram...so u wuld get something better from ur system.i also played demo of doom3 with my fx5200 and it was great at low settings.
now as u know i m having two gt6600 in sli mode and playing coldfear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom