Game studios for internship

Nerevarine

Incarnate
@op, you may try Gameloft, EA and Ubisoft .. All three have some presence in India but honestly, working in a gamedev company in our country is trouble.. Best if you go abroad for it
If you have the skill, try indie development, especially mobile (android/ios/WP) game development.. its easy for beginners as well as capable of revenue generation without requiring significant investment.. you should not overestimate what Game development really is about, there are so many aspects of game development that you may have never thought of.. I myself have been working on an indie project for months and im nowhere near completion, losing motivation is one thing but game development is tremendous work and tiring..

Cheers
PS: I dont think Riot has any official presence in India

PPS:[JOKE] if OP ever joins gameloft, I will find you and I will end you :twisted: :twisted:[/JOKE]

Last edited:
OP
win32.tr0jan

win32.tr0jan

Journeyman
I know there are a lot of things involved in making a good game. Actually I am pursuing Interaction Design @IDC, IITB. We have summer internships. I want to be a game designer rather than doing apps and websites. I have started learning UE4 so that I can make something for my portfolio. Yes, even I am thinking about trying abroad, but then the period of internship available for us is only 1.5 months :( :(
[MENTION=110244]Nerevarine[/MENTION]

How is the work in Gameloft? What do you do there?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I dont work at Gameloft :lol:, i just dislike that company for releasing copy/unoriginal/bland games on the playstore

All mobile devs do that these days.

If OP has money to burn, you could try Digipen Institute in the US. They give MS degrees in Computer Science with a game dev angle.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
All mobile devs do that these days.

If OP has money to burn, you could try Digipen Institute in the US. They give MS degrees in Computer Science with a game dev angle.

nah.

OP should aim big if he is in IIT-B.
@OP Look at University of Southern California. Best university to get a MS in Computer Science(games). It's the best in the world.

OP
win32.tr0jan

win32.tr0jan

Journeyman
nah.

OP should aim big if he is in IIT-B.
@OP Look at University of Southern California. Best university to get a MS in Computer Science(games). It's the best in the world.

you mean this?

USC Games - Home

It didn't impress me much. Moreover, I don't think I will be awarded a degree for doing less than 2 months internship :D
And I am not looking for Game development but Game Design.
[MENTION=110244]Nerevarine[/MENTION]

Does Gameloft offer internship program? What do they expect from the portfolio?

Top Bottom