GAME PARLOUR ..XBOX or PS2###

Status
Not open for further replies.

anishcool

TE God
all you guys are drooling over which games the xbox and ps2 support. but the biggest frustration i have with my ps2 is its inability to connect to a network (w/out a network adapter)and no online gaming with dialup, only broadband. my freind told me the other day that sony is launching a newer version of the ps2 which supports 10/100 LAN. that is good. freshseasons, i recommend more pcs and less ps2s.

KHUBBU

Journeyman
One basic question : how much do u want to invest and in what time do u intend to recover it back and what profit margin do u expect?

calculate ur total investment including the location setting up furnitures, advtg etc. and see whether u r getting the required profit margin.

i will recommend starting with few consoles so that risk is less. later on u can increase the numbers. Quality is what should matter not the quantity. don't think of going head- on with reliance. thay have a greater advantage over u.

OP
freshseasons

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
My parlor Starts Day after tomorrow...i presently have 6 PS2 and 4 XBOX..
And i have 7 places still vacant...Tell me what do i do ....What should the remaining 7 places have...PC or PS2 or XBOX...
I have invested 4 LAkhs till now...( GOt everything cheapest at the bulk rate ) ..( the setup the cabin .....the AC ..the Furniture..( the :p Reason i have done everything cheapest is because i Run a construction company but still there is absoulty no compromise with the ambience... ) Please help me with the remaining 7 vacant places...i dont want to compromise with the Quality of the gaming hardware... :)

G

gxsaurav

keep them vacent, add chairs, & some gaming magzines, a PC for New games Info, but one PC only

anishcool

TE God
if you have already invested 4 lakh (in ps2s and xboxes) that means you must be aiming at essentially single player gaming. no multiplayers like counter-strike or command and conquer (they have a huge market too)

OP
freshseasons

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
My heart still cries for those 7 vacant Spot ...Please do you think this can be done...install 4 High Config Pc ...Lan them all...and install a ATi 9200 Card on 4 of themmm....give Microsoft Steering wheel....and Logitech joyStick... What you think ..Please tell me...i can charge 30 Buck for that config...as 25 against PS2....

OP
freshseasons

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
You mean 4... 9600...and Charge 30.. :D ..by the time i recover the costs pal..longhorn will be out...And Still what about 3 spots they are empty.. :cry:
Still you think 9600 is a good idea ..remember this is not for my personal use ...a Gaming parlor..

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Yes it is the 9200 is a dx8 based thats why i dint recommend it in the first place. Another option is the 9550 @ 5k which is a dx9 based card. But i'd still go for the 9600. Since ur giving ppl world class features @ ur gaming cafe, u better have the components to match it.

OP
freshseasons

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
RightHo Bladerunner ......you have convienced me....Yup i'll be getting 9600...atleast....will match it ...i suppose...Thanks pal....You opened my eyes...

vivekmakeslove

Right off the assembly line
@freshseason: i assume your parlour is up and running, and you now have more than adequate experience to guide nebbies lyk me ;)
i am plannin 2 start a gaming parlour in jamshedpur, within next 15 days...need you guidance for the same
i was plannin 2 have 10 mid range gamin pc, for multiplayer games, 5 consoles and a pool table... i jus wanted 2 knw, if n how can i configure ps2 for multiplayer and any other points you would suggest i keep in mind.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Zomg priceless. All your old threads are belongs to alpaca . I be locking it ! if you have questions make a new thread if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom