Game beta testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

amey_dude

Journeyman
Hi, i wanted to know if any one of our members is a game beta tester in any company. I wanted to become the same. But problem is i have no idea from where to start, whom to ask. I want to do it as a part time job. So please i need your help gurus...

Thanx in advance

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Check out job sites...if there r any vacancies ;)

But let me warn u its very boring job...in sense it every different when we r playing game ....and doing beta testing....i had done this for my friend who had made a game for final B.E project...

OP
A

amey_dude

Journeyman
why is it boring dude....can u explain ?? can u suggest ny job sites ?? dont tell naukri or monster as i been there before....

S

shashank_digitreader

u can get the job, but u'll get very low salary.

Cub3noid

Broken In
amey_dude said:
Hi, i wanted to know if any one of our members is a game beta tester in any company. I wanted to become the same. But problem is i have no idea from where to start, whom to ask. I want to do it as a part time job. So please i need your help gurus...

Thanx in advance

hey i Use to do 3D models (characters, environments and models) for games abt 2 years back. As far as I know u can be game tester only if u make a name for your self
i.e by wining gaming competitions then the company will hire you to test the games and also provide u with lot of free goodies and not just because u play games

You have better chance if you’re a developer or game artist.

What do u exactly do now?

OP
A

amey_dude

Journeyman
i am studying engg...in 2nd yr now....i want to be in game development....i want to learn directx but am waiting coz of dx10. nyways i can program in vc++,c,c++,vb,asp,html,etc. i just wanted sme pocket money...game beta testing as i like to play games very much...can ny one suggest sme good other means to earn pocket money....

also i registered to many freelance sites but no one give me ny project. i bidded for nearly $50 (sheesh!!!) for video chat program....still they didnt gave me the project.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
i can understand ur fire for earning on own for pocket money ..way to go buddy..... but sa ur doing engg u will want to do part-time....which many companies will avoid....as in india game making is very limited....one of my friend is in indiagames....and he joined there after doing s/w testing course..so he is there as tester ...this is one way of entering gaming industry....but with perosnla exp and also had chatted with him ist no fun....u have to play same level over and over and over agian to find small bugs....u r not handed over whole game to play...but part to test...then that becomes repeatative.....after soem days...and even more boring if game is not interesting and u know state of game making here in india....so better try other way of making pocket money.....any other query???....
and yes if ur too good ..i mean genuis in programming ...u can help B.E studs form ur college for making codes..in there final year project ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom