Gam-ing Mouse & Controller for PC

beingGamer

In the zone
Hi all,
as the title says, I want to buy a gaming mouse & a pc controller.
I am not a very heavy/pro gamer. Play games on PC whenever get time.
Till now I haven't used any gaming mouse & controller.
Both of these need not be wireless, but if a good model is within the budget then its fine.

My budget for the mouse is 1500 rs (max 1600 rs)
and for controller its max 1000 rs

Please suggest good & reliable models.

(added a dash in title to avoid the link getting blocked in my office :p)

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Find Logitech G400 or G400s, best gaming mouse under Rs 1.6k

The best you can get is logitech f310 if you extend budget by rs 200, but its highly recommended u extend more and get Xbox 360 controller..
Logitech controllers have unfixable deadzone..if you wanna play some fps splitscreen like say L4D2 or Borderlands, you are gonna have a bad time :-x
I did a comparision of all Xinput controllers in a thread here, take a read

OP
beingGamer

beingGamer

In the zone
Find Logitech G400 or G400s, best gaming mouse under Rs 1.6k

The best you can get is logitech f310 if you extend budget by rs 200, but its highly recommended u extend more and get Xbox 360 controller..
Logitech controllers have unfixable deadzone..if you wanna play some fps splitscreen like say L4D2 or Borderlands, you are gonna have a bad time :-x
I did a comparision of all Xinput controllers in a thread here, take a read

Thanks for the info. I have no knowledge about the controllers, so will take some time to buy a good one.
regarding mouse I was considering logitech g300. whats your opinion about it?

HBK007

Journeyman
Thanks for the info. I have no knowledge about the controllers, so will take some time to buy a good one.
regarding mouse I was considering logitech g300. whats your opinion about it?
It's a pretty good mouse and it usually can be purchased for 1.3k but the g400 has a more sensitive sensor.
But I would recommend the g400s as as of today it has a 41% discount on it's MRP.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
yep G300 is good but G400 is one step higher, but you will have to search for it to get it under 1.6k.. Its totally worth it IMO, you will never use the extra buttons on the G300 but the thumb buttons on G400 are very useful..
But if you cant find it anywhere, get the G300

360 controller gets my vote regarding the controller.. I own both a F310 and a 360 controller and i have to say a 360 controller is much superior..
I use the F310 for older games like prince of persia because in older games, triggers arent recognized in normal xinput controllers (F310 is both dinput and xinput)
Be careful from WHERE you buy the 360 controller though, many many stores sell fakes.. even snapdeal.. !!
Buy from Flipkart to be safe
EDIT : Flipkart also selling fakes :(

Last edited:

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
+10 for the G400..

also the x360 controller feels much better in hand compared to other 3rd party ones.. in performance and ergonomically both..

$hadow

Geek in making
Try to get g400 it is a nice peice.
BTW any input on Xbox one controller availability in India.

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
This depends on how you like to use ur mouse, if you like 'claw' holding, then go for g300. If you like palm hold, then go for g400.

At the end of the day, go for Logitech only. As they provide amazing after sales service.

little

Journeyman
XBox 360 controller is the best option but be careful when buying it online, even WS Retail on Flipkart sells the fake one.

OP
beingGamer

beingGamer

In the zone
I have got the prices from a friend who stays at Lamington.
Logitech G300 - 1700 :O
XBOX 360 controller for windows(PC) - Wired - 2250 :O, Wireless - 3250 :O

all the prices look more than i thought, are these correct according to you people?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
few days back, G300 was available for 1.3k in flipkart, and the 360 price is correct, maybe a little less but as long as it's genuine that price is okay

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I have got the prices from a friend who stays at Lamington.
Logitech G300 - 1700 :O
XBOX 360 controller for windows(PC) - Wired - 2250 :O, Wireless - 3250 :O

all the prices look more than i thought, are these correct according to you people?

Logitech G300 -Logitech G300 Wired Gaming Mouse: Amazon.in: Computers & Accessories

XBOX 360 controller for windows(PC) -Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows: Pc Accessories: Amazon.in: Computers & Accessories

OP
beingGamer

beingGamer

In the zone
Ok guys, thanks for advices.
I have placed an order for Xbox 360 controller from flipkart price was 2049 but there was discount going on and today was the last day.
its 250 off on any purchase from WS Retail for more than 1400. fortunately saw it today morning and placed the order. So, i have to pay 1799 for it.
I hope it will be original one, fingers crossed :lol:

G300 is for 1500 so i will wait till there is some price drop or any discounts.

$hadow

Geek in making
Ok guys, thanks for advices.
I have placed an order for Xbox 360 controller from flipkart price was 2049 but there was discount going on and today was the last day.
its 250 off on any purchase from WS Retail for more than 1400. fortunately saw it today morning and placed the order. So, i have to pay 1799 for it.
I hope it will be original one, fingers crossed :lol:

G300 is for 1500 so i will wait till there is some price drop or any discounts.

Be watchful for the fake Xbox 360 controller from WS Retail.

D

Deleted member 118788

Be watchful for the fake Xbox 360 controller from WS Retail.

They did sent a replacement to the member who got the fake controller. *www.digit.in/forum/peripherals/185367-microsoft-xbox-360-controller-genuine-fake.html#post2135259

Top Bottom