Galaxy note 2 DOA Pls help Urgent

mk15

Broken In
Hi

I bought a note 2 through ebay seller Zoomin on 8th feb 2013. Got the phone on 13 Feb. Used the phone for 2 days and there was battery drain. Did the normal checks but still the battery drain was increasing like hell to the state wherein fully charged mobile went down to 50% in an hour.

Took it to Samsung service center where they declared failing motherboard . They wouldnt give DOA as it was past 7 days from date of billing and the 7 days were lost in transit. Theuy advised repairs i.e. change of motherboard.

I contacted higher ebay officials as Zoomin was not responding and even blacklisted my phone number. Got a call from ebay claims wherein first they expressed their inability to do anything as product carries manufacturer warranty but later said they would get back to me.

Have neither heard from Zoomin nor ebay though I contacted top ebay officials.

Please advise. What are my options now. I am totally horrified at Zoomin and ebay.

tkin

Back to school!!
Hi

I bought a note 2 through ebay seller Zoomin on 8th feb 2013. Got the phone on 13 Feb. Used the phone for 2 days and there was battery drain. Did the normal checks but still the battery drain was increasing like hell to the state wherein fully charged mobile went down to 50% in an hour.

Took it to Samsung service center where they declared failing motherboard . They wouldnt give DOA as it was past 7 days from date of billing and the 7 days were lost in transit. Theuy advised repairs i.e. change of motherboard.

I contacted higher ebay officials as Zoomin was not responding and even blacklisted my phone number. Got a call from ebay claims wherein first they expressed their inability to do anything as product carries manufacturer warranty but later said they would get back to me.

Have neither heard from Zoomin nor ebay though I contacted top ebay officials.

Please advise. What are my options now. I am totally horrified at Zoomin and ebay.
Nothing would happen man, ebay sellers are not supposed to give 30 day return policy like flipkart, that's why I advise everyone to use FK or local stores for stuff over 20k, get it repaired man :|

I don't think ebay will help you, because nowhere it says in ebay that you get replacement policy....

Anyway, wait for a few days and keep checking with ebay.

OP
M

mk15

Broken In
Nothing would happen man, ebay sellers are not supposed to give 30 day return policy like flipkart, that's why I advise everyone to use FK or local stores for stuff over 20k, get it repaired man :|

I don't think ebay will help you, because nowhere it says in ebay that you get replacement policy....

Anyway, wait for a few days and keep checking with ebay.

Well will avoid ebay like plague now. I contacted the top brass and never expected them to have such an indifferent attitude.

tkin

Back to school!!
Well will avoid ebay like plague now. I contacted the top brass and never expected them to have such an indifferent attitude.
Yeah, follow ebay TOS, it says, once you acknowledge receipt, they are done, so only for true DOA, but if it gets borked even after a week you're on your own, for costly stuff like phones, laptops I always suggest FK, their 30 day return policy is worth paying that extra 2-3k over 30k.

OP
M

mk15

Broken In
^^ how will even true DOA be honoured by eBay. Normally shipping takes 5 days and DOA policy is 7 days including date of billing. As per eBay all products with manufacturer warranty should go to the service centre. They cease to accept responsibility once it is delivered to u.:confused:

capsic

Right off the assembly line
You need to understand one thing about Ebay.

They couldn't care less about helping customers (ie. Buyers). They only look out for the sellers interest. They will try and convince you otherwise but its all a sham. I'm saying this from personal experience.

Earlier this month I stopped using Ebay and asked them to close my account. This was not a decision I took lightly, having used their service for 5 years both in India and abroad without incident.

The experience I had with them recently was so absurd that I felt completely let down by Ebay and realized how obviously biased they are towards sellers (vs. buyers) even when ALL the evidence is clearly on record with them via their own messaging system and damning enough.

Avoid Ebay and use other sites.

I'm sorry but I can't recommend FK either.

Have been using them since they started but they have gone steadily downhill of late. Please don't take my word for it. Just enter "Flipkart customer complaint" in google search and see for yourself.

Besides, FK is no longer the cheapest site around. They are routinely under cut by other sites when it comes to prices. And I'm not referring to shady sites here but known ones. First it was only with books (because they gave up that fight), then games/DVD's and now its with electronics as well.

Not just that. If you post even a slightly critical review on their site they take it down so fast it will make your head spin. With this being the case, how can one TRUST the user reviews they have up there at all?!

IMO, the only decent feature of FK is Flyte - thats it.

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ how will even true DOA be honoured by eBay. Normally shipping takes 5 days and DOA policy is 7 days including date of billing. As per eBay all products with manufacturer warranty should go to the service centre. They cease to accept responsibility once it is delivered to u.:confused:
No, if the item you received is DOA, you should not accept item received in 'My Paisapay' and ask for a refund there.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
you can try to post in EbayIndia Facebook page..

FK replaced my atrix 2 in 5 days straight (including troubleshooting and delivery)

OP
M

mk15

Broken In
The horror story continues. Samsung decided they cannot replace but will repair only. Got it repaired. Battery life is still pathetic around 10 hours without sim inserted, takes 4 hours to charge, gets stuck at 99% doesn't fully charge and most importantly I noticed a bluish tinge while using default browser. The bluish tinge was gone on chrome. So have given it back to the service center.

On eBay front, they have rejected my eBay guarantee claim. Icici have deleted the duplicate transaction but still the issue remains how I am being charged for transactions I did not make...

Top Bottom