FX 8150 overclocking on air

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
Full review : AMD Bulldozer FX 8150 CPU Review : OCFreaks!
HI guys...
recently got an FX 8150 sample from AMD along with a Crossahir V Formula for review purpose,I thought i should share the benchmarks results when comparing it to a 2500K(the competitor).
So here goes..
NOTE: the graphs are made relative to the FX-8150's stock performance;so take FX8150=100%

Aida CPU suite
*i.imgur.com/zkzVV.png
AIDA FPU suite
*i.imgur.com/MufcP.png
Super pi 1M and 32M
*i.imgur.com/X83tw.png
Wprime 32M and 1024M
*i.imgur.com/27m1e.png
Cinebench 10 and 11.5
*i.imgur.com/qOybl.jpg
POV ray and X264
*i.imgur.com/x51QR.png
3d mark vantage CPU and 3Dmark 11
kinda pointless when running on cpu's IMO(except vantage)
*i.imgur.com/kfivl.png
Setup...
CPU | Motherboard | GPU | RAM | PSU
FX 8150 | Crosshair V formula | HD 6870 | GSkill 1600C9 | AX 1200
2500K | P8Z68 Deluxe | HD 6870 | GSkill 1600C9 | AX 1200
+ my ghetto bench-table
Setup pics:
AMD
*i.imgur.com/q1BVH.jpg

Intel
*i.imgur.com/3H5Fk.jpg

some weapons
*i.imgur.com/QVJXL.jpg

Highest stable OC was 4966.77 MHz (225.76 * 22)
*valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/2201223.png
Highest on air[for me at least]
5033.03 MHz (228.77 * 22)
*valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/2201313.png

Well...that's it for now...
...this is only the performance info of the FX @ stock and OC which i found in the course of my testing.
Will link some more info later on.

Last edited:
OP
sumonpathak

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
Its NHD14...
the belt buckle can be a potent weapon in the correct hands(read chuck norris):p
Here's the link....
AMD Bulldozer FX 8150 CPU Review : OCFreaks!

Last edited:

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
hi sumonpathak...good work...
i have amd fx 6100...8gb ddr3 ram...wats ur opinion on overclocking it...i want it to be a good gaming rig.. i dont have a gfx card..

OP
sumonpathak

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
to be a good gaming rig...u NEED a GFX..as for the oc part..FX is made for overclocking...so no use keeping it at stock :p

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^Is the stock cooler good? How would you compare it to Intel's stock cooler?
Which (kind of) apps are supposed to be largely benefited from BD, much better from i5-2500k ?

OP
sumonpathak

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
the stock cooler is wayy better than intel ones;can handle a turbo of 3.9Ghz..so go figure:p
any properly multi threaded apps will benefit greatly on this chip(read video ending and rendering apps).

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
Highest stable OC was 4.9GHz? Really?? What City are you in and when did you do this OC??! Its hard to see any FX above 4.6GHz stable.

OP
sumonpathak

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
It was january...it was kolkata.
Also...the notion of stability is relative to the person who are looking to achieve it;)

OP
sumonpathak

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
let me tell you a story...
i had a chip from a friend..a prime 95 follower...his 2600K was 36 hrs prime stable(dont ask me why he did it)..tried the same thing for a lil run in vantage..it failed every single time..so i don't believe in prime anymore..its credibility is goin down to me:(.
For me if it can pass one hour in lynx or 20 loops of vantage then its ok...this chip passed around 35 before giving up...

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
sumon - that happens... crashing vantage after prime stability... different tests stress different parts of the CPU so 1 test can never give you the right results... but prime helps with CPU thermals... thats what atleast I use it for..

Anyways, I'm just amazed @ 4.9GHz OC coz its way too much clocks for Zambezi...

anandtech & toms cud only get it stable at 4.6GHz & they were using WC(AFAIK) and then they're in cold countries so they're bound to reach a little higher(100-300MHz) than what we can in India.

Really good job there OCing to ~5GHz

P.S. Only OCC did reach ~5GHz.

Top Bottom