FURMARK - How its done?

midhunmon

Broken In
I know its a bit software related, but it concerns graphics cards so i am posting it here.

Has anybody used Furmark- the gpu stress test utility.
I recently tested my XFX 250GTS with it and ran it for over 6mins(i won't go further than that for the fear of my card damaged). It ran fine for that period and my gpu temp went up to 85C.
Is it okay for my card to go at that temp? I have turned up the card fan to 65%.
My card idles at 48C.

Please reply.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Furmark really stresses the GPU. It is know to stress your GPU around 10-12C greater than a normal 3D game would. Still your range would equate to 48c (idle) and ~75C (load while gaming). Nothing that will kill your card, but a bit high. See if you can clean the cooling fins, and the fan. Should help. How old is this accelerator.

No need to use this utility, unless you want to check system stability.

OP
midhunmon

midhunmon

Broken In
my graphics driver in forceware 257.21 and Furmark is 1.6.5. Also after 4 minutes in furmark the temp stays on 84C jumping to 85C occasionally for two minutes. I also used 16xMSAA and extreme burn mode in furmark as well.
So do you think my card stabilizes at around 85C?

Also while playing Grid it gets to 72 occasionally, but not for too long. For other games like AC2 its at 63C. Also if a game runs at 30+ fps, does that mean the card is handling the game well?

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
A. Update your signature.
B. Your temperatures are fine, like I mentioned in my first post.
C. Furmark is a stress tool -- and it is doing that to your card.

Top Bottom