Full LED TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Well caught the ad of Full LED TV by LG...

What is a Full LED TV? I guess they are talking about LED backlighting, but what is full LED??

Lucifer

Reviewerus Prolificus
Was it full HD, LED TV? LED TV would mean the backlighting, and full would probably mean the native resolution is 1080p or 1920 x 1080 progressive scanned pixels. Other than that I can think of nothing.

Unless they mean LED backlighting on the full panel, rather than edge backlighting.

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
It is "Full LED"...if u r watching IPL, checkout LG's 3D tv ad, it talks (nowhere written) about Full LED TV...

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Frankly, I didn't understand what they meant by 3D panel?
3D panel is as simple as #d panel. Bluntly saying you will be able to view 3D content on your TV.

Samsung has already launched 3D panel during this IPL and LG is on the way.

You'll be requiring to wear those glasses though to view d 3D content.

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
i think, Full LED will be normal LCD's with LED Backlight. As LED's are pretty costly they might have been started Full LED on LCD for people who cannot afford to buy LED.

"I THINK"

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
A conventional LCD panel has a CCFL lamp aka cold cathode florescent lamp for back lighting / contrast etc ... these are expensive to manufacture and take up a lot of space , hence manufacturers started using LED for back lighting , this provides higher contrast ratios and the weight and size of the TV's can be reduced... as a added effect the TV's consume less power and emit lower amount of heat increasing the life .

Many people think LED TV's are panels made of LED's displaying images...that is not the case a pure misconception

A 3D TV is a LCD panel rendering and interpolating 2 images on a single screen hence when you view the screen from your glasses the eye interpret's them at one and everything looks 3-Dimensional ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom