Full HD TV for INR 70k !!!

OP
S

ssj4karan

Journeyman
Dude.. If you are aiming 3D TV for gaming, just blindly ignore it COZ when u continuously play games you will start having headache's. Yes active may be good for occasional 3D watchers not good for gamers.

FOR GAMERS PASSIVE 3D IS THE RIGHT CHOICE.

WHY DO YOU EVEN CONSIDER BUYING LAST YEAR TV MODELS?
They may be good but latest is always best. This year TV lineup has some cool features like NFC etc..

Mate,Have you even tested the 3D of the HX850?
The reason people suggest passive over active is due to the flicker in the active 3D Glasses.
The active 3D Glasses with HX850 have no flicker at all. This is what is most amazing about it.
Next, The 2D to 3D Conversion is also great.
Next, The beautiful Monolithic design and amazing features.
Lastly, No comparison when it comes to PQ.

So the choice is quite clear.

shrey_naidu

Broken In
Buddy my cousin has it.. so i know what im talking about.
I know its 3D is flicker free but ACTIVE 3D system itself is shutter based. So whether you see flicker or not, still impact will almost be same.
Next 2-3 years from now ACTIVE 3D will be forgotten.. then think about re-sell value.

I know it has great design and amazing features but 2013 lineup has more features added to it.
So 2013 models are not good?

OP
S

ssj4karan

Journeyman
Buddy my cousin has it.. so i know what im talking about.
I know its 3D is flicker free but ACTIVE 3D system itself is shutter based. So whether you see flicker or not, still impact will almost be same.
Next 2-3 years from now ACTIVE 3D will be forgotten.. then think about re-sell value.

I know it has great design and amazing features but 2013 lineup has more features added to it.
So 2013 models are not good?

IMO, The only model worth getting in the 2013 line up from sony is the W700A.
Also talking about the future, Its going to be OLED Tv's.
So passive 3D or active 3D, resale value will not matter.
Also overall none of the 2013 models launched in India, can match up to the advanced features used in the HX850.
The additional benefits of tiny features in the 2013 models over the HX850 can easily be overcome by connecting a pc or laptop to the tv.
That is how i use it. Have never connected a usb or HDD directly to the tv for my entertainment needs.

shrey_naidu

Broken In
IMO, The only model worth getting in the 2013 line up from sony is the W700A.
Also talking about the future, Its going to be OLED Tv's.
So passive 3D or active 3D, resale value will not matter.
Also overall none of the 2013 models launched in India, can match up to the advanced features used in the HX850.
The additional benefits of tiny features in the 2013 models over the HX850 can easily be overcome by connecting a pc or laptop to the tv.
That is how i use it. Have never connected a usb or HDD directly to the TV for my entertainment needs.

OK Dude.. so from now on i will defiantly suggest HX850 to everyone .. :lol:
Seems you like that model more than manufactures may be that's why they discontinued and introduced new models. Just Kidding :)

Yes, I agree with you its a good model but others have their pros and cons too..
About 2013 LINEUP I guess we will have to wait for a while for them to leave a mark.

OLED TV's ? selling LED TV'S after 5 years with ACTIVE 3D?
Do you think after 5years you can still buy ACTIVE 3D glasses? Well PASSIVE defiantly YES.:cool:

Last edited:

randomuser111

Technomancer
^

I think you are being over enthusiastic about Passive 3D as well. Active 3D isn't going anywhere. Active 3D delivers a superior 3D picture to Passive 3D and unless that changes, Active will continue to exist.

Even today, the majority of 3D Tvs and monitors use Active 3D.

OP
S

ssj4karan

Journeyman
OK Dude.. so from now on i will defiantly suggest HX850 to everyone .. :lol:
Seems you like that model more than manufactures may be that's why they discontinued and introduced new models. Just Kidding :)

Yes, I agree with you its a good model but others have their pros and cons too..
About 2013 LINEUP I guess we will have to wait for a while for them to leave a mark.

OLED TV's ? selling LED TV'S after 5 years with ACTIVE 3D?
Do you think after 5years you can still buy ACTIVE 3D glasses? Well PASSIVE defiantly YES.:cool:

I don't think you quite understood.
When i talk about the future, i am talking about the technology that will dominate the TV space.
Passive 3D may very well dominate, but it would be with the "OLED" technology.
Active 3D or Passive 3D with LED Technology will not matter 5 years down the line.

randomuser111

Technomancer
Also Shrey, NFC and other features like voice controls are just gimmicks. You may use them for a week or two at max, and then the novelty dies off. But the main reason you buy a TV is to WATCH it and Picture Quality is the most important thing, not some silly features.

In terms of PQ no LG TV comes even close to the HX850. From Samsung stable only F8000 can match HX850 and from Sony 2013 line up only W950 beats it. All the other 2013 TVs irrespective of brand are much behind HX850 in terms of PQ

OP
S

ssj4karan

Journeyman
Also Shrey, NFC and other features like voice controls are just gimmicks. You may use them for a week or two at max, and then the novelty dies off. But the main reason you buy a TV is to WATCH it and Picture Quality is the most important thing, not some silly features.

In terms of PQ no LG TV comes even close to the HX850. From Samsung stable only F8000 can match HX850 and from Sony 2013 line up only W950 beats it. All the other 2013 TVs irrespective of brand are much behind HX850 in terms of PQ

Um..Don't forget the W700A ;) It matches the PQ of HX850...
Also which model is the sucessor for the HX850? The W900 or W950?

randomuser111

Technomancer
^

Hmm sadly after a few more demos and also opinions of a few others, W700 isn't as good as HX850. Definitely comparable against Samsung F6xxx models though. Mainly because it gets no local dimming like the HX850/W9xx and also a slightly inferior panel.

W900 and W950 both are HX850 successor. W950 adds 2 tweeters + 2 woofers, plus comes with NFC Remote and 4 Active 3D glasses in the box along with OptiContrast panel.

OP
S

ssj4karan

Journeyman
^

Hmm sadly after a few more demos and also opinions of a few others, W700 isn't as good as HX850. Definitely comparable against Samsung F6xxx models though. Mainly because it gets no local dimming like the HX850/W9xx and also a slightly inferior panel.

W900 and W950 both are HX850 successor. W950 adds 2 tweeters + 2 woofers, plus comes with NFC Remote and 4 Active 3D glasses in the box along with OptiContrast panel.

Hmm, Interesting.. Well i have not auditioned the W9 series, so can't comment on it but i for sure know that W700A matches the PQ of the HX850 cause that i have auditioned.

Also if i am not wrong, the panel used in the W900 and W700A is the same. Only the W950 has an opticontrast panel.

OP
S

ssj4karan

Journeyman
^

No no. W900 uses a much higher panel than W700.

I suggest you demo Samsung F6xxx and F7xxx models again

Well i do plan on doing that as i am picking up my TV by june end this year.
The only issue with F6 and F7 series is that, they are 3D Tv's.
Due to this i won't be able to pick up the 46" version (premium for 3D) as it will cross my budget and will be restricted to the 40" version. And if that is the case, would as well go for the HX850. Why would i think of samsung?
Plus i did not like the active 3D technology used by samsung for its sets. Plus the 2D to 3D conversion is also bad.

What i want to know, how are the panasonic sets in terms of PQ compared to sony and samsung in my budget of 85k?
Have not had a chance to audition or compare panasonic sets. Should i even consider them with sony and samsung in the picture?

randomuser111

Technomancer
Panasonic uses IPS panels and is the same as LG when it comes to Picture Quality.

Panasonic plasmas on the other hand, are another story altogether ;) All plasmas from Pana are at least as good as HX850/better

OP
S

ssj4karan

Journeyman
Panasonic uses IPS panels and is the same as LG when it comes to Picture Quality.

Panasonic plasmas on the other hand, are another story altogether ;) All plasmas from Pana are at least as good as HX850/better

Thats good to hear. Since plasma is a no no for me. Sony w700a is the clear choice.
Is there any news on a 40" version of the W950A launch in India?
Also have you read any reviews or posts in particular about the W700a?
I could not find anything. Would be great if you could share the links with me.

randomuser111

Technomancer
I am talking about the W950a and not the W900a.
If i am not mistaken, the W950a is superior to the W900a.
Also the W900a has been receiving mixed reviews, inline with the W800a.

Sony manufactures W950A only in 46" and 55" sizes.

Only W900A is available in 40 inch size.

Top Bottom