Full HD Monitor 24"-27" 15k

TheSloth

The Slowest One
1. Budget?
Around 15k, +1k if worth

2. Display type and size?
27" if possible. But not less than 24".

3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily?
I will connect this to my laptop NP550P5C-S01(Nvidia GT 650M). I do browse and practice coding so I will be looking on texts, alot. I also watch
720p, 1080p movies and animes and play games like Rocket League, NFS, FIFA. So it should have less than 5ms response time.

4. Types and number of ports required?
I do not know but it should be future proof as it will go with my budget gaming PC I am planning to assemble next year.

5. Preferred choice of brand?
LG, Dell or anything which have good after sales service.

6. Any TV/monitor in consideration?
-LG 27MP68HM-P -
-LG23MP68VQ-P
-LG 27MP89HM-S :
I am in love with this one even though it shoots over my budget. I will borrow money and go for this if this is good enough according to you people.

7. Any other info that you want to share.
I am still saving money for this so I will buying monitor in October. If something better in this is about to launch then it will be good to know.

Another important thing is, I will be assembling a budget gaming PC next year in Q2. Cause of budget I will be settling down only for a Full HD gaming pc. I don't need QHD or 4K. Also, It will be good to have freesync option in case I go with AMD GPU. So please suggest by keeping this future imaginary PC in mind.

Another very important thing is, I would really like a border less monitor like I have mentioned above. I am willing to spend extra just for this. So please if there's a good border less monitor you know in this budget, let me know!!

A link to show the display quality of -LG 27MP89HM-S

Another super important thing is ... That's all :)
Thank you in advance.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
LG 24MP88HV
Thank you. I have this one saved in my wishlist but forgot to mention here.

Also, I have posted the same monitor with 27" with a YouTube link above. Do you really think 27" is a bad choice for 1080p? I have been reading alot about this on forums and I am really confused as I am seeing mixed opinions. Some say if one sit around 3 feet far then 1080p on a 27" monitor is good enough. Also, after seeing few YouTube videos about monitors, learned that we need to have 90-100 ppi to have the best visual experience (based on distance between person and monitor, which they didn't talk about). This 27" model has 83" ppi.
Edit : The 24" model doesn't have freesync. The 27" model has. Shouldn't I consider this?

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect
27 inch will show pixelation and not comfortable for gaming due to large size
BenQ - XL2411Z 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor (XL2411Z) - PCPartPicker

LG 23MP68VQ-P - 23 Inch 99% sRGB Gaming Monitor (Amd Freesync, 5ms Response Time, FHD IPS Panel, D-Sub, DVI, HDMI)

Last edited:
OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
27 inch will show pixelation and not comfortable for gaming due to large size
BenQ - XL2411Z 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor (XL2411Z) - PCPartPicker

LG 23MP68VQ-P - 23 Inch 99% sRGB Gaming Monitor (Amd Freesync, 5ms Response Time, FHD IPS Panel, D-Sub, DVI, HDMI)
I want border less display so not BenQ model. I am following the LG one, it's out of stock right now.

Doesn't seem like I have much options.

What about 1080p ultra wide?

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I did get this 24MP88HV model but seems it has light bleeding issue.
I am not sure if it is really bad or not. But It is bothering me a little.

Should I return this? What else can I have in this budget with least bezels?
@Stormbringer @Minion*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180914/a1428f0210cd501d9571cda75f23aee9.jpg

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I could not disassemble the monitor :facepalm: . I am afraid I will break something if I apply more force. So I have decided to keep it and get used to that light bleeding.:emoji_disappointed_relieved: Sigh

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I could not disassemble the monitor :facepalm: . I am afraid I will break something if I apply more force. So I have decided to keep it and get used to that light bleeding.:emoji_disappointed_relieved: Sigh
Call lg service centre. They will send a guy, ask him to disassemble it and then return.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
I have this same monitor, 2 years old now. I don't think that one has this bad bleeding effect. Will try to get a snap of it here.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
I did get this 24MP88HV model but seems it has light bleeding issue.
I am not sure if it is really bad or not. But It is bothering me a little.

Should I return this? What else can I have in this budget with least bezels?
@Stormbringer @Minion*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180914/a1428f0210cd501d9571cda75f23aee9.jpg

Sorry for the late reply. As advised by others, get it dis-assembled by LG service guys. Amazon with offer a replacement first. If there is any fault in that, they will be ready to give refund.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
After making around 4-5 calls back and forth with customer care and service guy, i finally managed to disassemble it and ordered for replacement just 2hrs back. It was so simple, I am embarrassed to say here. Sigh. Service charge was Rs.470 with tax.
Managed to return it on time. Let's see if the replacement unit also has same issue.
Thanks to all for helping me in making decision. I will keep this thread updated.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
After making around 4-5 calls back and forth with customer care and service guy, i finally managed to disassemble it and ordered for replacement just 2hrs back. It was so simple, I am embarrassed to say here. Sigh. Service charge was Rs.470 with tax.
Managed to return it on time. Let's see if the replacement unit also has same issue.
Thanks to all for helping me in making decision. I will keep this thread updated.
You paid for thr service charges in the warranty period?

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
You paid for thr service charges in the warranty period?
Sorry for late reply. I was not claiming warranty. It was to dismantle the monitor. I was not eligible for free of cost service.

Update :

The new monitor has come and looks slightly better than the last one in dark room. I am planning to keep this one as I don't have hopes of getting one perfect piece. But I would like to hear from you people too.*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180923/618299091ee960068ab5d45fc47ecd66.jpg

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Sorry for late reply. I was not claiming warranty. It was to dismantle the monitor. I was not eligible for free of cost service.

Update :

The new monitor has come and looks slightly better than the last one in dark room. I am planning to keep this one as I don't have hopes of getting one perfect piece. But I would like to hear from you people too.*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180923/618299091ee960068ab5d45fc47ecd66.jpg

Assembling and disassembling don't cost anything. You should have called him to check the screen and while he was there, he would have done the disassembling for free.

Ignore that thing brother. Your screen is fine, just a personal opinion.

Top Bottom