Front panel USB Slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreams

Gracias Senor
Hi techies..

I own a Intel D845GVAD2 mobo..I have 2 USB slots in the rear..like to add another 2 in the front..checked my manual and got confirmed tht i can add front panel usb slots too.

My query is how can i do tht, wat all things i need to buy..can we do it ourselves.

Pls help me out.

NOTE - Even my case as a opening in the front for USB.

TIA

kooabs03

Banned
in that case u need to buy a USB port device according to the size of the slot of your cabinet n then connect the wires to the mobo.

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
kooabs03 said:
in that case u need to buy a USB port device according to the size of the slot of your cabinet n then connect the wires to the mobo.
You got me..now how do i do the process..how much is the cost??

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
the port costs between Rs. 50 to 100. If it consists of audio ports too then the cost may be upto 150. nothing more.

on the pins it is mentioned +5v, earth, etc etc. check your motherboard manual and connect accordingly.
If the usb port doesn't fit in to your front panel, use fevi-quick.

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
else a cheaper way is to use USB extension wire which costs just 30 bucks, in case if the rear ports r not occupied.

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
Guys I am in real need of the USB slot in the front..since the USB gadgets I use is more now..

What should I ask for the USB slot in the shop..I askd my frnd to enquire and he enquired in Mercy electronics in chennai and the guy in the shop had told it wil cost 350 bucks...

is it true???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom