Front Panel for Xonar DX

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Hello !

i have a xonar dx installed in my system. i use a 5.1 speaker system, as well as 5.1 headphones (roccat kave), and stereo headphones, but to change between them, i've to everytime play with the wires at the back of the cabinet on the xonar's back panel. so i was thinking whether do we have a solution to this ? like a front panel connector like we have at the back ?

any sort of pointer would be appreciated :)

thanks !

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Connect the front panel audio header of the cabinet to its front panel header connector which is this:
*img717.imageshack.us/img717/310/headerhli.jpg

Look at the upper left corner for the headers.

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
wow ! thanks ! this is for stereo i suppose.

is there a front header available with surround audio ports/jacks like we have at the back ? and could it be connected to this connector ?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
wow ! thanks ! this is for stereo i suppose.

is there a front header available with surround audio ports/jacks like we have at the back ? and could it be connected to this connector ?

Yes, it is for stereo.
Not only DX, but there is no card which have header for surround audio as no cabinet have surround ports in the front panel. :p

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Use 3*3.5mm splitters at the backpanel.

*www.bsrsoft.com/help/photos/3.5mm%20splitter.jpg

This splitter might interfere with the next one(even placed one hole below the other)..

So u can try connecting 3 of these in the back panel of xonar DX,

*www.blueunplugged.com/xsdbimgs/STEREO-Y-SPLIT-prod.jpg

Turn-off the speakers when using 5.1 headset & vice versa..

Note : The shorter the length of the splitter, the lower the possibility of loss in SQ..

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
thanks for suggesting that ! but i fear i haven't understood the purpose of connecting those splitters at the back.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
^ u can use both your headphone & speaker system simultaneously without any hassle of changing jacks. Just plug them always.

I will suggest use the second type splitter above.

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
You will be able to connect both 5.1 speakers & 5.1 headphones to the rear at the same time..

^ u can use both your headphone & speaker system simultaneously without any hassle of changing jacks. Just plug them always.

I will suggest use the second type splitter above.

oh yes ! no hassle of changing-over everytime. this had quite slipped off my mind. yes the 2nd type of splitter will be better, as i have a couple of those Y-splitters in the 1st pic, & the build-quality is not reliable. thanks to both of you !

Top Bottom