How about this from Flipkart??? :--->

HP 15-g049AU

Does the deal look promising?

I AM NOT A GAMER REMEMBER THAT.

How about watching HD videos???

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Most important thing is your budget,after that comes the primary usages.Even if you are not a gamer you may decide in future to use video processing softwares to improve picture quality of lower resolution/quality videos when watching on HD monitor/TV connected to laptop which requires decent graphics.If you are sure that you won't be needing such things & your budget is ~22k then it looks good.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
If by HD you mean 720p videos then that would be more than enough. I think it will play even 1080p videos well too. Cause my crappy AMD A6 dual core played them pretty fine.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
If by HD you mean 720p videos then that would be more than enough. I think it will play even 1080p videos well too. Cause my crappy AMD A6 dual core played them pretty fine.

But [MENTION=99398]ithehappy[/MENTION], isn't AMD A6 based on quad core only?

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
i think all laptops today will be able to play 1080p cuz my 5 yr old single core atom laptop with 1 gb ram can play 720p

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Thanks all.
Well if I go in for this?? :-->

TOSHIBA

as per the wise suggestive ideas by [MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] and [MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION]

ithehappy

Human Spambot
But [MENTION=99398]ithehappy[/MENTION], isn't AMD A6 based on quad core only?
Quad Core? Mine sure as hell wasn't Quad Core, but a Dual Core. I am not sure about the chipset though, maybe it was A4 or something. If I remember right the laptop's model no. was NP355 or something, Samsung.

I like that Toshiba model. It's 30+ k dude, so it will thump anything thrown at it. I personally never had any experience with Toshiba however, so should not say much. In my whole life the only company I used extensively for laptops was Lenovo, and the current one is too. Had an AlienWare **** for few months, but well it's a different league.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
for 35k get an intel core i3 based laptop.Also that hp laptop will be enough for your needs if you don't require a dedicated graphics card as i mentioned earlier.

HP Compaq 15-s005TX (you get i3+nvidia GT820m)
Lenovo G50-70 (you get i3+win 8.1+ATI R5 M230 which is equivalent to GT820M)

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

for 35k get an intel core i3 based laptop.Also that hp laptop will be enough for your needs if you don't require a dedicated graphics card as i mentioned earlier.

HP Compaq 15-s005TX (you get i3+nvidia GT820m)
Lenovo G50-70 (you get i3+win 8.1+ATI R5 M230 which is equivalent to GT820M)
Good suggestions,but the Toshiba is giving 8GB RAM + 1TB HDD + R5 M230(Discrete GPU) + Windows-8.1(64-bit)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I posted the wrong link for HP-Compaq one,this is the link i meant:
HP Compaq 15-s005TX

Most likely you won't even fully utilize 4gb ram & 1tb portable external hdd from WD/Seagate is available for ~3300 so why spend more if you can get what you need in cheaper laptop.Also HP has much more presence so i expect better after sales support compared to Toshiba.Of course if you want to spend ~34k then Toshiba looks good but if not then the 1st hp link you posted looks good for Rs.22500.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

I posted the wrong link for HP-Compaq one,this is the link i meant:
HP Compaq 15-s005TX

Most likely you won't even fully utilize 4gb ram & 1tb portable external hdd from WD/Seagate is available for ~3300 so why spend more if you can get what you need in cheaper laptop.Also HP has much more presence so i expect better after sales support compared to Toshiba.Of course if you want to spend ~34k then Toshiba looks good but if not then the 1st hp link you posted looks good for Rs.22500.
Thank you very much Friend,but the Windows-8.1(64-bit) for the Toshiba looks a good deal for me. I know HP 15-g049AU has the O.S.,but actually I want a future proof laptop to some extent.

$hadow

Geek in making
I will say spend it on Toshiba. laptop is not something that you buy every year so why not invest in a good one and enjoy for a longer period.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I suggest checking these laptops personally in some store before buying as only then you can see the build quality & screen quality.No point in getting even a i5 laptop to watch HD movies if it has poor screen unless you plan to connect laptop to external monitor/screen in which case laptop screen quality is of much less importance.,

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

I suggest checking these laptops personally in some store before buying as only then you can see the build quality & screen quality.No point in getting even a i5 laptop to watch HD movies if it has poor screen unless you plan to connect laptop to external monitor/screen in which case laptop screen quality is of much less importance.,
[MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] and all other Friends, how about getting these :--->

LENOVO

OR

HP

Which one will be better than another??????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lenovo one has full HD but TN screen so viewing angles will be bad but if you sit straight in front then there should be no issues.For this point alone(i.e.Full HD laptop screen) lenovo seems like a better choice.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Ultimately going in for DELL:mrgreen:

FINAL DECISION.
FOR NEXT COMING YEARS..................................................................USAGE................................................

- - - Updated - - -

Already shipped from Bengaluru/Bangalore the DELL INSPIRON 5447 Laptop.

I shall be receiving it by C.O.D. method. Money is ready.
A Laptop Backpack is in the offer ,along with 2 years onsite warranty worth Rs.5000/- from DELL for this DIWALI FESTIVE OFFER.

I also ordered a CoolerMaster Notepal L1 Cooling Pad worth Rs.799/- from Flipkart by C.O.D.

Diwali Deals from Flipkart,Friends.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since you got a Dell here are some things you must take care of(speaking from experience):
1.Be very careful about adapter(& its cable) as dell only allows battery charging from its own adapter only.Use a surge protector like belkin for extra protection especially if your house mains supply is not controlled by inverter.
2.Since no dvd drive so immediately create restore disks on another hdd(mobile or your pc over lan).
3.Never experiment with linux/easyBCD/partition resize(including windows own tool)/anything similar on the laptop unless you consider yourself capable of fixing a broken partition/file system by rewriting/rearranging sectors offsets & such.
4.If & when you get a chance to extend warranty for reasonable rate,say 5000 for another 2 years,go for it eyes closed.

In the end run this command in command prompt(run cmd as admin) slmgr.vbs /dlv
If the result shows sku is "CoreSingleLanguage" or "CoreCountrySpecific" then you can not use win 8 iso to reinstall/fresh install & must keep restore disks images very safely(e.g.one copy in pc & one in mobile hdd).If it shows win 8 or core edition then you can use win 8 iso in future to reinstall win 8.

P.S.If you got Mcafee free with this even then don't install/use it.I recommend Avira for free version or kaspersky for paid version.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
In the end run this command in command prompt(run cmd as admin) slmgr.vbs /dlv
If the result shows sku is "CoreSingleLanguage" or "CoreCountrySpecific" then you can not use win 8 iso to reinstall/fresh install & must keep restore disks images very safely(e.g.one copy in pc & one in mobile hdd).If it shows win 8 or core edition then you can use win 8 iso in future to reinstall win 8.

this applies to every manufacturer?

Top Bottom