Freezing Opera......

Status
Not open for further replies.

vrnoormd

Broken In
I am using the latest version of Opera.

It will freezing or not responding in continuously with in 5-6 seconds again and again when surfing in the minutes.

I uninstall the latest version and install the older versions also it could be same problem, and the other 3 systems also suffers this problem.

Please any body help me. THANKS :p :p :p

maybe you are trying to view websites with flash/java applet content. opera needs to process this and hence the slowdown, just try it and "plain" websites with none of these content should load faster and opera shud'nt stop responding.

and yeah, the time of freezing is directly proportional to the size of the applet/flash movie.

OP
V

vrnoormd

Broken In
I have P4 1.6 Ghz with 512 MB SD RAM

with Onboard Intel Graphics.

Another programs and browsers are running well.

Problem only in OPERA

sakumar79

Technomancer
Try a complete uninstall - after uninstall is over, remove the Opera Program Files folder and the Opera Application Data folder (in the Documents and Settings folder for each user)... Then, do a reinstall...

Arun

dreams

Gracias Senor
I tooo experience the same problem.. tried all sorts of things but all in vain.. i think it happens only when some sites hv Java or Applet Content..

sakumar79

Technomancer
@vrnoormd, are you using any special features of Opera such as Mail/Chat, newsrooms, Voice? If you do, try and create a parallel install (both Opera 8.5.1 and Opera 9 preview on different folders) and browse regularly with one and use the other for the special feature.

If not, you might try to clear your cache, startup with a blank page, surf without Java support, and ensure the pages you're visiting aren't auto-reloading too frequently. Something may be leaking memory, so keep an eye on Opera's memory usage when you notice your system slow-downs.
Likewise, you might try limiting Opera's memory cache to something static (~40MB) instead of Automatic (via Preferences > History and cache > Memory cache). Test if any plugin is causing problem by disabling one by one.

Gaurav said:
FireFox is taking lead day by day. Opera 8 has bugs and has become less efficient.

Lets parse this part by part:
1. Firefox is taking lead day by day: - I think Firefox was in the lead for a long time. IE is still at the top, doesnt make it a better browser.

2. Opera 8 has bugs: Sure, but so does Firefox... In fact, being open-source allows people to find the bugs in Firefox faster... But not necessarily fix them faster. If you look at www.secunia.com you will notice that only 1 unfixed (Least Critical) security vulnerability is reported in Opera whereas there are 3 (Less Critical) security vulnerabilities in Firefox..

3. Opera has become less efficient: Take a look at *www.howtocreate.co.uk/browserSpeed.html - you will notice (a) With each new release, speed has increased in Opera and (b) All releases are faster than Firefox in most cases.

And finally, what exactly is your point in your post? Its not like the thread subject was which browser to choose or had anything regarding Firefox... It was a question regarding Opera... Please dont start a browser war in this thread...

Arun

legolas

Padawan
well, i dont know if this would work out for u. actually i had the same sort of problem when i discovered that it was not only when i was browsing opera!! i mean if i left my system for some time even it wud hang... then i found that the RAM was slightly loose and fixed it.. do u face this problem only when u browse opera?. coz u might hav carried away with mere coincidences as i was! check it out.

/legolas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom