FreeSync or G-Sync ---- Which one is Better for the Indian Market. (In the Long Run)

Ironman

In the zone
I am Presently in Search of a Monitor

I did some Research and i came to know that the Monitor / Display Ecosystem is divided into 2 Separate Groups

G-Sync (From NViDiA)
&
FreeSync (From AMD)

I Read my fair share of "FreeSync vs G-Sync" Blog Posts,Forum Posts etc

My Question to the Forum Members is

Keeping in mind the Market,Pricing,Availability,Other factors(If any) etc of AMD & NVidia GPU Cards
and Availability and Pricing of Monitors (Both Freesync & Gsync)
in INDIA

Which one should be the Optimum Choice in the Long Run ?
(Considering i am not going to change for another 5 Years or So)

Because once we choose a side we have to buy from that respective GPU Brand until we use that monitor.

P.S.
Its both a GPU Question as well as a Monitor Question.
So i posted it here.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
G-Sync vs FreeSync: which is right for you? | Digital Trends
5 yrs is a long time in graphics card market.see this:
*www.digit.in/forum/technology-news...chmark-shows-amd-beating-hell-out-nvidia.html
i suggest waiting for some time.

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
do not worry nvidia is going to support freesync as well as g-sync but when i dont know but its confirmed

hitesh

In the zone
If I have to buy right now, I'll buy a freesync monitor solely on the fact that they are cheaper. Also nvidia is going to support freesync so you wouldn't have to worry about choosing a side, which is a big plus.

@OP - What is your budget ? And what are your requirements ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Freesync is indeed an open software standard and even Intel is going to support it ;)
Intel will support FreeSync standard with future GPUs | ExtremeTech

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
My bad. I thought it was a proprietary standard from AMD similar to G-Sync. This was actually expected from AMD since their support Open Source software and tools more than Nvidia (Linus Torvalds once publicly said "F*** you" to Nvidia).

Top Bottom