freeing phone memory in n70

Status
Not open for further replies.

callmeastha

Broken In
i have an n70. lately it's started giving me this "memory too low.delete some data" error.it shows the following details on phone memory usage:
used:21mb
free:391kb
calendar:11kb
contacts:42kb
images,sound,video:0
documents:513kb
apps:204kb

i don't understand how do i free my phone memory...i have no msgs(i use memory card 4 dat),no notes,just a few calendar entries,no java apps installed..at least none that i can see..no themes(except the pre-installed ones)...all i have are contacts and calendar entries(bdays etc)....
PLSSSSSSSSSS help me free my phone memory...it's driving me nuts...
thanks

expertno.1

Technomancer
1. First bacup your contacts , notes and media using nokia pc suite .

2 .Now format in two ways (choose 1st and if it fails then 2nd)

i) on your main screen of phone type *7370# . it will ask for confirmation . confirm and wait for some minutes . phone will be resetted

if this doesn't free up your c: memory then do this

ii) switch off your phone
keep holding 3 key , green key (call key) and * key .
keep holding these three keys and then switch on the phone using the on button (you know) (and keep holding the keys)

within few minutes your phone will come up with with look and seetings when you had opened the phone for first time

i) is called soft format
ii) is is called hard format

Problem must be solved now , copy back ur media and notes etc .

Thanks
Regards.....
Expertno.1

OP
C

callmeastha

Broken In
thanx expertno1...but i don't need to do it now...problem's solved...actually i deleted the artists and albums database from the music player and that freed up 19 mb of the 21 mb...but thanx neways...now i know how to format in case the need arises :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom