free software for reducing the size of pdf/jpeg files

mahendran

Journeyman
can anyone guide me,which software available for free usage for windows 10?

I need it for reducing the size of pdf documents and jpeg .

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

For jpeg, that is images, nothing beats the the utility Miscrosoft Office Picture Manager that comes with MS Office. It's a great utility to batch resize images in terms of percentage or crop them etc. No idea for PDF.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

Free Online Picture Resizer - Crop and Resize photos, images, or pictures online for FREE!
Compress PDF - Reduce your PDF File Size Online

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Try Image Resizer for Windows Image Resizer. You need to however test if this is compatible with Windows 10 or not. I use it on Windows 7 all the time. You can resize images simply by right clicking the images(or bunch of selected images) and selecting the option from the context menu. You also have an option to modify the original or create a copy.

Ta_234

Broken In
My best experience till date is with

Pdf compress: Compress PDF Files Online
Image size reduce: Online Image Сompressor

Best thing is you can choose the quality of image so that you can convert 500kb image to 5kb by decreasing quality.

Flash

Lost in speed
For jpeg, that is images, nothing beats the the utility Miscrosoft Office Picture Manager that comes with MS Office. It's a great utility to batch resize images in terms of percentage or crop them etc.
That's true; but it isn't bundled with Win 10. But you can get it via Sharepoint designer. :)

Top Bottom