Free Office Word Plug-in for Read/Writing of OpenOffice Documents

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
The OpenDocument format : also called ODF. *smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/j0/leseratte.gif

It's an open standard that encompasses a number of different file types. The one you see most commonly is .odt which is for word processing documents but there is .ods for spreadsheets, .odp for presentations and others. Most of these documents originate from folks using the increasingly popular free OpenOffice suite. This has created problems for Microsoft Word users as that product cannot read .odt documents. This problem has now been solved with the release of a free Open Source plug-in for Word that allows users of Word 2002 (XP) and later to read or write ODF documents. The OpenXML Translator plug-in was developed by several of Microsoft's partners and is endorsed by Microsoft itself. Future developments will include plug-ins for Excel and other Office components.

info : wikipedia
download : sourceforge

tuxfan

Technomancer
Oh no!! So far I used to feel that my Oo_O files are safe from M$Office users :)) But after this plugin, I will have to now start protecting them with password ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom