Free DOS?!!

Kavvy

Right off the assembly line
Somebody tell me what is this Free DOS?!! And I heard that installing OS such as 7 or any is a big headache in the system based on Free DOS...Is this true?
If not please guide me for the steps for flashing the OS in Free DOS System!!

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
A simple Google-ing can answer your question :) BTW free DOS means a operating system which is like Old MS-DOS but better
I don't know it is headache of installing windows 7 though you could try installing windows through a bootable disk by changing the Boot priority device in the bios to system DVD drive

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Free DOS is a free alternative to MS-DOS, which most Laptop/Desktop manufacturers bundle with most of their cheaper offerings. AFAIK, it's not a headache at all installing windows 7 over a system shipped with Free DOS as all you have to do is have a legitimate copy of the OS you want to install (preferably in a DVD, USB drives also work on newer systems), change your CD/DVD Drive as the primary boot device from Boot Menu of your BIOS and insert the installation media and boot from it to install the OS. You can simply format/delete the already available HDD partitions.

puli44

Chill
its not a headache.. to load windows 7 or any other os in preloaded DOS os lappy's ..i have got my lappy with DOS os only but i changed it on purchased date only ....everything working now till date ..:D

Top Bottom