Free disk space in system drive.. Really confused...

rohit330

Broken In
Hi all,
I'm just really confused....! My system drive is suffering from low disk space...but i just wonder how could it be...
See this picture..
*i39.tinypic.com/2itle8x.gif

And now i entered that drive....Selected all folders (including hidden) and checked the properties...and it is like this

*i42.tinypic.com/34or6f9.gif

Thing is that i've turned off system restore, then no hibernation, then virtual memory is set to zero... Then where is the rest of memory...:(

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
can u post the screenshot of MyComputer icon Desktop->Right click on it->properties->Advanced tab->Settings button on performance section->Advanced tab->data showing in "Total page file" section...

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
The things in the folder "System Volume Information" which in simple words is the back-up folder for System Restore are not counted in the 2nd method. Also reduce the size of your Page File.

Disable System Restore and enable it again. You'll get more free space.

OP
rohit330

rohit330

Broken In
@ayush_chh
Its a 40GB Hard disk with "C" having 7000 MB appx.

@rhitwick
Its already set to zero....i wanted to check it too..:(
*i42.tinypic.com/25gb5mx.gif

@ico
I guess it will get counted in the second method too. Since my hidden files (including system files are not hidden). Anyway since i have turned off the system restore in this drive, "system volume information" will not consume ryt...here the screenshot..

*i42.tinypic.com/xc3a83.gif

Friends....:( what will be the problem....:(

This is particularly aion gold disheartening for the sites' creators because they are really invested in their communities and it pains them to see people do harm within the cultures they've helped wow gold evolve.
smart way to spam !! Reported.

Top Bottom