Found a dead pixel on my mobile phone's screen-what to do now?

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
You know what,with the Samsung Galaxy S3,they faced a lot of issues like paint chipping,rear cover cracks etc. About millions of parts were replaced overseas in developed countries. Have a look-
White Samsung Galaxy S3 has Battery Cover Issues?
White Samsung Galaxy S III having build quality issues too?
I also faced the same issues. I complained many times,also tried Pehredar,even they failed to wake up Samsung.
They never acknowledged officially about the issue in India,but everyone was aware of the issue.
Lastly,Sammy put the blame on me,that I don't know how to handle phones. Now since I don't know how to use their shitty phones,I thought I would better stay away from SAMDUNG!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I am sorry,if I have hurt any Samsung fanboys or Happy customers. But what they have been doing here,or what they have done with me to be specific,does deserve such hatred from me. I spent 35k on their so called FlagShip primarily for two reasons.
1.Good Build quality-Now my mobile has colour fades and chips all over body without any bump/fall. Hell my 5year old Nokia 5800 looks fresher than my S3. Or for that matter,my Lumia 520 which was bought with my S3 is in a scratchless condition now.
2.Updates-I thought that a company will atleast update for 2 years. FIrstly they skipped Android 4.2 and took months to release a 4.3 rom with bucket load of bugs. Andd now they won't release KitKat saying that 1 GB of RAM is less for kitkat. The more I think about my S3,more my blood boils.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for going offtopic.
My advice to quicky008-Get your screen replaced. Don't expect any help from Service Centre. Also don't forget to take a Full HD video covering all angles of your mobile so that it covers all scratches/scratchless condition of your mobile.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
You know what,with the Samsung Galaxy S3,they faced a lot of issues like paint chipping,rear cover cracks etc. About millions of parts were replaced overseas in developed countries. Have a look-
White Samsung Galaxy S3 has Battery Cover Issues?
White Samsung Galaxy S III having build quality issues too?
I also faced the same issues. I complained many times,also tried Pehredar,even they failed to wake up Samsung.
They never acknowledged officially about the issue in India,but everyone was aware of the issue.
Lastly,Sammy put the blame on me,that I don't know how to handle phones. Now since I don't know how to use their shitty phones,I thought I would better stay away from SAMDUNG!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I am sorry,if I have hurt any Samsung fanboys or Happy customers. But what they have been doing here,or what they have done with me to be specific,does deserve such hatred from me. I spent 35k on their so called FlagShip primarily for two reasons.
1.Good Build quality-Now my mobile has colour fades and chips all over body without any bump/fall. Hell my 5year old Nokia 5800 looks fresher than my S3. Or for that matter,my Lumia 520 which was bought with my S3 is in a scratchless condition now.
2.Updates-I thought that a company will atleast update for 2 years. FIrstly they skipped Android 4.2 and took months to release a 4.3 rom with bucket load of bugs. Andd now they won't release KitKat saying that 1 GB of RAM is less for kitkat. The more I think about my S3,more my blood boils.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for going offtopic.
My advice to quicky008-Get your screen replaced. Don't expect any help from Service Centre. Also don't forget to take a Full HD video covering all angles of your mobile so that it covers all scratches/scratchless condition of your mobile.

dont worry your not alone,i myself have stopped buying samsung products since 2013 because ive had a laptop,fridge,LED tvs,phones,tablets all die on me within 6 months and samsung denying responsibility
finally i managed to return all the products one by one to the dealers whom i purchased it from and got a discount on replacements from other brands

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
I took my phone to the service centre on Tuesday for the checkup.The guy who was dealing with customers in there appeared to be quite a knowledgeable and polite sort of a chap-after I told him what my problem was he said that there's no way in hell that Samsung will replace my phone as its already 3 months old-phones are only replaced if any serious manufacturing defects are discovered within 7 days of purchase.He advised me to get it's screen replaced because there was nothing else they could do to resolve my problem. As I was rather pressed for time and was getting increasingly tired of dealing with this frustrating dead pixel business,I decided to take the risk and submit my phone for servicing. Before handing my phone over to him i specifically requested that they should handle my phone carefully, to which he replied that they certainly would do so.Yesterday they called me early in the morning to let me know that I could come and collect my phone as they had finished repairing it. So after I got my phone back later that day I checked it thoroughly to make sure whether everything was ok with it or not-while I was pleased to know that they had indeed replaced the faulty display, I was really annoyed on discovering that my phone was not totally unscathed as I found some freshly made scratch marks in 2-3 places-i'm pretty sure they didn't exist when I had submitted my phone to them the previous day-so it seems they hadn't really been too careful while repairing my phone afterall.Also a small portion of the mettalic finish around its edges had been chipped and the white paint that lies undeneath it was clearly visible,which was really disappointing to say the least :( . However as these scratches were relatively minor and were not distinctly visible unless they were observed closely, I decided to overlook them and find solace in the fact that atleast my phone is working properly now.

The only thing that worries me now is what am I gonna do if the screen develops dead pixels again-after my recent experience,I don't really feel very comfortable with the idea of giving it to them for servicing once more as its quite possible that they may scratch or damage it even further while attempting to repair it again. Lets hope my phone won't malfunction again anytime soon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom