Not open for further replies.

expertno.1

Technomancer
hello i have a forum

www.(my forum).co.nr

which displays adds , popups and other irroneous things as it is free

now i buyed a forum www.(my new forum).com

which doesn't displays adds and has no popups as it is not free

can i make a duplicate copy of my old forum into the new forum i created ?

is this possible ?

can i totally transfer it ?

sot that no banners remian ?

please reply

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
you can transfer your forum to another place... but first tell me which forum software are u using...

Firstly, go to ur admin panel and take a full backup of the database tables.... now re-store these tables in phpmyadmin or whatever software u use for managing the databases...

next download all files and folders from ur old forum directory and upload to ur new forum directory...

now edit the config file(found in forum directory) to make the respective changes in domian name and physical path....

OP
expertno.1

expertno.1

Technomancer
well i use the php direct online administration for that...sorry for not mentioning

and thanks for ur reply

i will try and post the problems and....

cheetah

In the zone
Hey dude what is php direct online administration and whats the prob. in mentioning..

If u are using PHPBB, IPB, SMForums. Then u can backup the database from old forum and upload it to the new foryms....All can be done through Admin panel...but do u have any additional mods,hacks installed...if so then i prefer u backup the whole MYSQL DB using PhpMyAdmin through Cpanel

If you are hosting on some free PHPBB forum hosts then u will have to check first if they allow DB Backup...

OP
expertno.1

expertno.1

Technomancer
well if i click on backup database it give me a message "this feature has been disabled due to security reasons"

now what to do next ?

cheetah

In the zone
Then ur stuck cos ur host dont offer the data backup facility...If u really need to backup....just send them an email....they can even charge u for DB Backup...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom