ForceWare Issues !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

\/endett/\

Broken In
HI all,

I got a wierd problem recently when i tried to upgrade my nVidia drivers for GeForce FX 5200. The problem is, the system doesnt boot after i restart when the installation is completed.

What i did was-:
1>Uninstalled nvidia drivers from add/remove programs
2>rebooted with onboard video
3>windows detected the video card but DID NOT INSTALL any drivers for it automatically as it should (any idea why? )
4>installed the new 87.25 drivers and rebooted, (PCI vid), but the progress did not further than the windows bootscreen..after which the screen turned black and the comp. hanged
5>when i turned off/on power, the disk eroor check started but that too couldnt continue and it froze after completing
6>PCI video doesnt work for SafeMode as well.

Can any1 tell what have i done wrong and HOW cAN i GET WIN to install drivers automatically?

THX for HElp

PS: i've tried using driver cleaner pro, desnt help.Also i dont have system restore on. THirdly, i AM REALLY NOT interested in reinstalling win ATM, so plz suggest otherwise :)

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Windows doesnt install GeForce drivers AFAIK, you have to do it manually (Atleast I think so, cause it just installs generic drivers all the time). I guess your version of the installed vga driver has run corrupt.

OP
\/endett/\

\/endett/\

Broken In
Well yeah, whatever it installed (version 6.x.x.x), but it did install something...now there's no installation by windows(maybe overwritten by the driver i installed first)...it just detects and asks me to supply with the driver .inf
anyways, i think the problem isnt with the drivers but with a file called sptd.sys which is present in system32\drivers\. I feel so coz' when i boot in safe mode with PCI card on....the screen shows" Press Esc to cancel loading sptd.sys"...and then it hangs :(
any idea what it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom