For the Strategic Game Lovers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohanbee

Padawan
Yes, i was playing Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 two months back. A very addictive business sim. In it you make your theme park and place various rides in them.
But.........
the main objective here is to create your own roller coasters. At the end of the day they will be the main attraction of your theme park..........The mission series of the game throws around 15 odd challenges at you and you have to complete them.
main features that i loved--
Building your own coaster
and the ultimate thrill is
Riding it.........

Its quite and engrossing game i will definately give it 4/5 marks. 1 mark less cause it is taxing on the system and you need a good graphics card as its mem requirements are much higher than the min.system specs written on the game box!~

GameAddict

In the zone
Any Jagged Alliance fans?

Hi Strategy Lovers,

Anybody played Jagged Alliance 2/UB/WF ? I completed the expansion Unfinished Buisness, before the original one :wink:

You can discuss the strategy with me. I am not much into Strategy, but this game (Turn Based Strategy) really hooked me for weeks.

And I rate is the Best Game, I have ever played.:)

Bye!

GA

OP
S

sumitava_b

In the zone
Seems like nobody around has played that game Jagged Alliance mentioned by GA, atleast not me :cry: .

GA, if u r so fascinated about that game can u please elaborate a liitle about that game so that we can also consider it for buying.

GameAddict

In the zone
Here is it!

sumitava_b said:
Seems like nobody around has played that game Jagged Alliance mentioned by GA, atleast not me :cry: .

GA, if u r so fascinated about that game can u please elaborate a please about that game so that we can also consider it for buying.

Sure! Here are the links of Game Reviews and Screenshots.Check them out and then we will talk ;)

AVault Seal of Excellence:
www.avault.com/reviews/review_temp.asp?game=ja2&page=1

GameSpot Review:
www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/jaggedalliance2/review.html

The beauty of the game is that inspite of poor/no marketing and hype it has a cult following, entirely because of its fans. :)

Bye!

GA

anuraag_01

Broken In
and what bout commandos??

i think beyond the call of duty was great.
yes aoe and aom rock....can't wait for aoeIII, it's coming soon....

OP
S

sumitava_b

In the zone
rohanbee said:
Yup !!!
Loved commandoes. I used walk-through in quite a few of the missions though............

You said it!! You'll definitely need walk-through in some missions if u want to save some nights!! :) Amazing game!! but sometime too exhausting to complete all the maneuvers there, especially with green berret who doesnt have any hi-fi skills, except strong biceps!!

Dipen01

Youngling
CyCo said:
yuck .. y wd u wanna control animals .. i have been playuin tycoons for ages now .. railroad tycoon was quite good .. but in the end i stuck to rollercoaster tycoon .. and it latest version rocks !! u can actually design custom fireworks and all .. its really really ccool ..
AND NOTHIN BEATS THE THRILL OF MAKIN UR OWN ROLLER COASTER !!!

hey cyco..

Even i am big fan of Roller coster tycoon... have played 1st part... even palyed second demo... the second one sucked hard... even graphicsd were unrealistic...
heard that the latest one is damn good...

Even i live in Pune.. so may be if u dont mind i can borrow it from you..
BTW i live near FC.. what abt u..Its ok even if u dont to share :wink:

anyways...

Cheers..
Dipen

OP
S

sumitava_b

In the zone
Re: Any Jagged Alliance fans?

GameAddict said:
Hi Strategy Lovers,

Anybody played Jagged Alliance 2/UB/WF ? I completed the expansion Unfinished Buisness, before the original one :wink:

You can discuss the strategy with me. I am not much into Strategy, but this game (Turn Based Strategy) really hooked me for weeks.

Bye!

GA

GA, just gone through the rame review of JA2. Quite a good game. But little on the dark side, hiring mercineries/killers, training them to kill people......But its okay if u r above 21!! 8) 8)

From the review, it seems that the graphics in the game is not that eye-candy. How did u find it?

However, i am going to add this game to the list of games that I will play soon. :D

GameAddict

In the zone
Re: Any Jagged Alliance fans?

sumitava_b said:
GameAddict said:
Hi Strategy Lovers,

Bye!

GA

GA, just gone through the rame review of JA2. Quite a good game. But little on the dark side, hiring mercineries/killers, training them to kill people......But its okay if u r above 21!! 8) 8)

From the review, it seems that the graphics in the game is not that eye-candy. How did u find it?

However, i am going to add this game to the list of games that I will play soon. :D

The good points of the game are the uniqueness of 50 or so mercenaries and dialogues.Every merc. has a character, distinct voice, his/her own whims and comfort level with other mercs. So you can have two mercs who are compatible with each other, and work very well if both are together.On the other hand, if two mercs hate each other, they will keep taunting and after some time one of them will leave. Adds a twist to the game! :)

Yes, graphics are pre-2003, dated, I must say, but still quite good and weapons effects (Gun fire, Grenade, Rockets, Knives etc.) is impressive.Just wait for JA 3/3D to appear...it has very good graphics.

And the dialogues are hilarious for foreign mercs. like Russians, Chinese and French, in thier own accents and cultural biases. ;)

Give it a try! You won't regret it!

GA

Satissh S

Youngling
rohanbee said:
Yup !!!
Loved commandoes. I used walk-through in quite a few of the missions though............
You are right rohan! Commandos 3 Destination Berlin is quite tough. It's Hard to finish it.:roll: But Here's a strategy that will help you guys kill most of the guards.

Ambushing
First u'll have to ensure that atleast two of your men have the gun with unlimited ammo, then select the using right click drag box. Next press A to enable cover mode and [ctrl]+Right click on the direction of the path where u want the enemy to come. Next use your other man (Preferably green beret) to distract enemy soldiers to your ambushing place either by knocking in the door using fists or by appearing b4 them for a short while and then running towards the ambushing place or shooting with a gun. You will be able to kill a lot of guards by this method.

If you have Sapper and a mantrap u can also place it in the way to kill him.

U can also use the decoy for the same purpose.

cheers

Satish

OP
S

sumitava_b

In the zone
Satissh S said:
Ambushing
First u'll have to ensure that atleast two of your men have the gun with unlimited ammo, then select the using right click drag box. Next press A to enable cover mode and [ctrl]+Right click on the direction of the path where u want the enemy to come. Next use your other man (Preferably green beret) to distract enemy soldiers to your ambushing place either by knocking in the door using fists or by appearing b4 them for a short while and then running towards the ambushing place or shooting with a gun. You will be able to kill a lot of guards by this method.

cheers

Satish

Satish, ur strategy is okay until and unless ur green beret gets attention of too many guerds. Many times after a alarm raised, a group of guerds (sometime with dogs :twisted: ) generally visits the area. Also using green beret as a bait is quite risky. Slight sloppiness may get him shot :( .

Using mantrap to kill guerds is really a pain in hand. In one mission, I had to do that to kill some 20 guerds :cry: . Setting the trap and taking the dead body away to some covered place everytime is tiresome.

The best part of the gameplay is when the guy with specs (i forgot the name) gets a enemy uniform. Wear that and start playing like invisible :twisted: :twisted:

OP
S

sumitava_b

In the zone
In commandos, I think no particular strategy should necessarily be successful for the entire game. Each mission has its own agenda. Like in a certain mission, one out of your four or three army men will be proactive mainly. Others generally just play a supporting role. For example, in one mission u need to go around with sapper only. You cant tackle with all ur recources.

So in each mission, I just used to take my time to observe all the obstacles and analysis which one of my army men will be useful for this mission according to their own pros and cons.

rohanbee

Padawan
Thats what so beautifull about the game. It has these various characters that you need to utilise fully to complete the game. This is what keeps it so engrossing and playable all the time.

Satissh S

Youngling
sumitava_b said:
Satissh S said:
Ambushing

cheers

Satish

Satish, ur strategy is okay until and unless ur green beret gets attention of too many guerds. Many times after a alarm raised, a group of guerds (sometime with dogs :twisted: ) generally visits the area. Also using green beret as a bait is quite risky. Slight sloppiness may get him shot :( .

Using mantrap to kill guerds is really a pain in hand. In one mission, I had to do that to kill some 20 guerds :cry: . Setting the trap and taking the dead body away to some covered place everytime is tiresome.

The best part of the gameplay is when the guy with specs (i forgot the name) gets a enemy uniform. Wear that and start playing like invisible :twisted: :twisted:
Yep, It's the Spy! Watch out though, Some germans such as the getsapo seargent can still identify and attack him!

Again if you think using GB as a bait is risky then try this. When you watch out the line of sight of the german soldiers, when it's red it means they are a bit alert. When it's green it's normal. The above strategy i told requires some serious practice. When you are near a door, don't blindly enter it use the examine mode 'z' and click on the door to see what's going behind! Don't worry about the dogs if u have the thief u can use the dog food to kill them easily.

When behind a boor use the fist icon and slam on it, the guard will be alerted and now quickly double click on a safe location to have the GB run there this will surely create noise and the guard standing near the door would be shot down by u'r men!

Remember u'r men aren't soldiers to shoot as a group and go after the enemy as in conquerors. u'r men are the commandos the have to sneak behind the enemy and kill. If there are 4 to 5 soldiers at a bunch roaming here and there and your sapper is at a location close to them then use the gas grenade. Don't forget to wear the gas mask while doing this or your man will also faint :roll: . Also after doing this get u'r green beret quickly and stun all of them and tie them up. Give their weapons to u'r team. Always dispatch enemy soldiers one by one silently using green beret's Knife or thief's piano wire. If they are coming in bunch a lot far from u. Then throw grenades or moltov cocktail. While all u'r men can throw grenade, only the sapper can throw the cocktail. Using the sniper rifle is also good but u won't get much ammo for it.

cheers

satish

Satissh S

Youngling
Er. Sorry for re-posting i forgot about the mines. Yes, In some chokepoints where the enemy enters as a bunch place the Anti-Personal mine there using u'r sapper. In a scenario in the last mission of normandy a tank wud come at u, use the anti tank Mine there and blow up the tank or use the sapper's bazooka and blow up the tank. While some of these will be available by default u'll have to search the nearby boxes to find the others.

I Agree with u sumit each mission needs it's own strategy. But there are some comman strategies in commandos too. Bet u guys didn't know this, not only the spy but all u'r men can wear an enemy soldier uniform and pass through the light line of sight of the guards without being detected!
Avoid getting into the darker section or into those getsapo seargents.

The Germans who'll identify the spy even if he's in officers uniform:
1. Getsapo Seargend
2. Tripod Machine Gunner
3. The guy with the dobber man dog
4. If u'r wearing the Light green color uniform then ever the other officers who're wearing the same color uniform will identify u.
5. It u'r wearing the Black color uniform then the light green color officer won't identify u but the black guy will.
6. Enemy Snipers

cheers

satish

anubhaw

Right off the assembly line
other gr8 1s....

"syberia"!!!!never heard of it.... must hav been good but sorry i didnt play it.... altho iv played another such uncommon game : "Warlords: Battlecry".... it was waaaaaaaaaaay fun playin it :lol: .... all the bounty huntin 4 d "crowns".... hirin of merceneries.... facin ambushes.... it was fun....my big bro always asked me y d hell did i play it,n i cant xplain it 2 him....can any else???? :?:

anubhaw

Right off the assembly line
commandoes 1 n 2 rocked!!!!

ya d 1st 2 installments of commandoes wer fantastically soooooperb....
i cant say much bout d 3rd 1 cuz i havnt actually played it....but of wat i hav hurd, it is not as good as a 3rd sequel 4 such a cool game shud b....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom