For sale two ASUS Gforce4Ti4200 and one MSI FX5200

Status
Not open for further replies.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
AlphaOmega said:
blade_r man, you really need to read! architecture ain't worth jack, if the card is not powerful enough to implement the new features. I can bet anything you want that the ti series will outperform all 5700 pure (forget le). Go over to www.3dnews.ru and try to find a comparison of 80 gpus. They have it in an excel file. Highly informative. E.g.

Dude when i meant fishy score wht i meant was that the dude had posted a score of sumthng like 650, so i found that quite wierd. Synthetic benchmarks dont mean the world to me. They apparently arent the best way to get bechies done with all the optimisations and cheats going arnd. Since u too have a Ti which both u and tarey are trying to get rid off its obvious that u'd both try to push it.

Most of all the fx5200 available here are handicapped ones with either 64bit memory or pathetic cooling, so the scores u'd get with the ones available here will be pretty low, but not as low as 690. While i fully agree that the Ti is a good card definitely better than a fx5200 when it comes to Dx8 games........but then again its Dx8.

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
blade_runner said:
AlphaOmega said:
blade_r man, you really need to read! architecture ain't worth jack, if the card is not powerful enough to implement the new features. I can bet anything you want that the ti series will outperform all 5700 pure (forget le). Go over to www.3dnews.ru and try to find a comparison of 80 gpus. They have it in an excel file. Highly informative. E.g.

Dude when i meant fishy score wht i meant was that the dude had posted a score of sumthng like 650, so i found that quite wierd. Synthetic benchmarks dont mean the world to me. They apparently arent the best way to get bechies done with all the optimisations and cheats going arnd. Since u too have a Ti which both u and tarey are trying to get rid off its obvious that u'd both try to push it.

Most of all the fx5200 available here are handicapped ones with either 64bit memory or pathetic cooling, so the scores u'd get with the ones available here will be pretty low, but not as low as 690. While i fully agree that the Ti is a good card definitely better than a fx5200 when it comes to Dx8 games........but then again its Dx8.

Mr. Runner firstly i must tell u that im not trying to get rid of "my precious" ti4200 im selling it becoz i hav saved enough money to buy a new 5950ultra or a 9800 XT (9800 XT most probably). secondly im not one of those ppl who are crazy abt the Dx9 cards and do not have a deep pocket to buy at least a 5700 or a 5800 . when i bought my ti i had Dx9 cards in my mind but my budget was low then, so i opted for a ti4200 which was far more powerful then 5200 and cheaper than 5700(which also lacks behind in performance when compared to ti) .I had played halo which is a Dx9 game on both the cards and i had to turn off the "eye candy" options and lower the resolution to play it decently on a FX5200(one of my friend has it) , on the other hand i played halo on my Ti4200 on full settings with all the eye candy turned on with the resolution 1024x768.It's really hard to figure out the visual difference in DX8 and Dx9 cards when u play games like halo but the Major issue is of performance the card is providing u.

I repeat if u really want to experience the perks of Dx9 technology then 5200 is not a good choice, u will need at least a 5700(still weaker than my ti4200 128MB 275/550) and 5700 is more expensive than a ti4200. and if u want proof just hav a look at the link that alphaomega suggested and see the excel file abt comparison of 80 gpu's.

and i wud like to highlight this again which is from that excel file on www.3dnews.ru

Splinter Cell (1024)
--------------------
ti4200 = 27.9
5700 = 18.7
5200 = 6.8

UT 2003
---------------------
ti4200 = 82.2
5700 = 72.2
5200 = 15.5

that xls file is highly informative Mr. Runner and I bet you will like it...
and 690 was the score i really got frm 5200

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
I am also not trying to 'get rid' of my ti. I am looking to buy a new card like a 6800. The reason I bought the Ti 6 months ago was that I wanted to wait for the newer cards, as well that Ti can beat the stuffing out of most newer cards like the FX5700. Heck, I even advised pradeep to go in for the 9600XT is could afford it. You are right, synthetic BMs are good, but real games are better. That's why I posted the scores on SC and UT. Like t_g said, Halo and Unreal 2 (which has dx9 hooks) ran better on my Ti than my friends 5200.

I have seen a lot of games running on a lot of cards, as my friends have a large variety of cards, from MX440 to 9800. Therefore, I can say that for a gamer on a limited budget, Ti is still the way to go.

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
so any one intrested i have only one ti4200 and one 4400 left :D
2.5 yrs of warranty remaining on both from RPtech and zeta resp.

4200 128 mb for rs 7200
4400 128 mb for rs 7900

one ti4200 and a 5200 sold . thx to rajdeep and sanjay jain :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom