Flying sims - military/civil

Which is your kind of flying sim ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
Hey guys, any flying sim enthusiasts like me ??? I am into military flying sims like Comanche 4, MiG-29, Flanker 2.0, F-22 series....etc. I dont see any good flying sim anymore. The toughest sims I have played are F-18 from DID & Flanker 2.0. F-18 is very realistic with deck take-offs. I spent one week to lear take-off, but it was worth it.

OP
zombie

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
Frankly I am not much into consoles. You can call me ancient but thats about it. I gather that you are in Bangalore, so why dont you check it out at Landmark ?

Hi Zombie. Good to see a fellow flight sim enthusiast on the forum. However, I've never had a fascination for military sims (tried LOMAC briefly). For me it's - As real as it gets. That's MS Flight Simulator 2004. Although I do fly military planes in FS. The Spitfire is one of my favourites.

Currently I'm working on a project designing mesh terrain for the whole of India using NASA's 3ArcSec SRTM digital elevation mapping. Here's a screenshot for you. You can catch me at SimFlight International and SimFlight India forums.

Western Ghats, Snake Road - Heading towards Mangalore Airport on an Aero Commander 500.
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/keithsebastian/General/westernghats_snakeroad_dusk.jpg

PS: Will post more screenies if you're interested.

Cheers,
Keith

OP
zombie

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
Hey nice work buddy. Well even I love Spitfire. One cool bird. I enjoyed playing all those nasty tricks in Comanche 4. This comes out of my real life interest in combat helos. They are the best way to assure fire support to good guys on the ground. Safest and the fastest.

AFA your offer is concerned, I am insane, but not insane enough to decline it. :twisted: So bring them on.

BTW how did you manage to get that engine from NASA ??? :?:

borg

In the zone
I am also a big MSFS fan. I am on FS 2002. Man that screenshot looks awesome!. But Keith Sebastian, how are u so sure about the road?. Are the roads also real life like?.

zombie said:
BTW how did you manage to get that engine from NASA ??? :?: [/b][/color]

*seamless.usgs.gov/

Will post screenshots over the weekend. Need free time to do some serious flying.

Borg - No, the roads are'nt accuarate. That was just a figure of speech. Road snaking around the base of mountains - snake road, get it? :lol:

-Keith

OP
zombie

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
Hey Keith I am waiting for it. Make it fast buddy. BTW this GIS thing has many more uses other than gaming. Some of them are really deadly.

rohanbee

Padawan
military fying sims for me. More excitment than just flying from point A to point B........
but then thats just my opinion.

borg

In the zone
Man, I really enjoy making long haul flights in Fs2002 on my trusty 737 or really long haul flights on the 747.

Anyone know where I can procure the CH products flight yoke & rudder pedals in India ( preferably Bangalore)?

borg said:
Man, I really enjoy making long haul flights in Fs2002 on my trusty 737 or really long haul flights on the 747.

Anyone know where I can procure the CH products flight yoke & rudder pedals in India ( preferably Bangalore)?

I don't think CH products are found in India. And, getting them from overseas (eBay) will cost you a fortune in shipping (these things are quite bulky).

EDIT: Try making your own pedals. I saw plans on flightsim, looked pretty simple. Do a search with google.

-Keith

rohanbee said:
military fying sims for me. More excitment than just flying from point A to point B........
but then thats just my opinion.

With ActiveSky 5 and real weather, even point A to point B can be pretty challenging. :lol:

-Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom