[Query] Flipkart Return Policy for Laptop

sohan_92

In the zone
Company name: Flipkart

Product (be exact): Acer Predator Helios 300 Core i5 7th Gen - (16 GB/1 TB HDD/128 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/6 GB Graphics) G3-572 Gaming Laptop Rs.99990 Price in India - Buy Acer Predator Helios 300 Core i5 7th Gen - (16 GB/1 TB HDD/128 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/6 GB Graphics) G3-572 Gaming Laptop Black Online - Acer : Flipkart.com

Name of the distributor/service provider/dealer and location: Retailnet

Date of purchase: 7th December 2017

Description of problems faced and the incident:

I have purchased this gaming laptop during FilpKart Sale and received on 9th December. Everything was intact in the box. The problem was started when checked the laptop screen in the dark room while playing game. So I ran screen bleed test and found out that my laptop is having severe screen bleed issue.

Screen: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I requested for replacement but I am not sure how reliable the replacement will be. And what if I get another defective product after replacement and what actions should be taken?

One more query, should I make factory reset before returning laptop? Or will it cause any dispute on replacement if I do so?

Last edited:
OP
sohan_92

sohan_92

In the zone
Yes, they replaced with newer one as i had 10 days replacement policy. But it is more like gambling to get the problem-free laptop. One has to replace every-time till he/she gets the right one.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good to know - as you are saying "it is more like gambling to get the problem-free laptop" do this particular model has any sort of manufacturing issue ?

OP
sohan_92

sohan_92

In the zone
Yes... Predator models more likely to have overheating issue due to improper thermal pasting and high amount of screen bleed or IPS glow. One word you can say bad QA from manufacturing side. Good thing is they will allow replacement till you get the right one.

It is like they did some rush request and forgot to check things properly.

Top Bottom