Flight Sims - FSX

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Hi,

I'm thinking of getting FSX (last MS flight sim I played was back in 1989 , Flight Simulator 4.0) and I'd like to know if anyone here has bought the game and could share their experience. Also , suggesting a joystick for it would help. I posted on the Peripheral forums , but nobody seems to have a clue

I'm thinking of the getting Logitech Extreme 3d Pro since the recommended one - a Saitek X-52 , is ridiculously expensive (for us Indians at least :p) .

Last edited:

narengreddy

Right off the assembly line
I've FSX along with acceleration pack and playing it with Logitech attack joystick

Logitech 3d extreme will also be good.

gameranand

Living to Play
Well quite honestly I didn't liked the game much but maybe thats just me. I played it using xbox controller. I would recommend HAWX over this.

aloodum

Journeyman
Well for me nothing still beats LOMAC if you want the real deal.

HAWX is an arcade mode game with glitzy gfx

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Texture work is dirty when we are flying near to the ground. But, during my play through I never came across any Graphic glitches. Yes, you are hearing it from an ATI user.

OP
T

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Well quite honestly I didn't liked the game much but maybe thats just me. I played it using xbox controller. I would recommend HAWX over this.

Lol gameranand , HAWX and this game are two totally different genres. HAWX is purely an arcade game , FSX is a hardcore sim. I have played HAWX btw and it was a fun game.

Anyway , I think I'll go with the Logitech Extreme 3d Pro . I just hope it's in perfect condition, Logitech joysticks have a tendency to falter.

gameranand

Living to Play
I know thats why I don't like that. But still if you want it then also take a look at IL 2 Sturmovik. Its also pure simulation from taking off to firing.

Texture work is dirty when we are flying near to the ground. But, during my play through I never came across any Graphic glitches. Yes, you are hearing it from an ATI user.

I am also a ATI user. :)

I am alsm a ATI user.

OP
T

Tachyon1986

In the zone
I know thats why I don't like that. But still if you want it then also take a look at IL 2 Sturmovik. Its also pure simulation from taking off to firing.

I am also a ATI user. :)

I am alsm a ATI user.

Yes I've tried IL-2 , and while it was an excellent game , my joystick at the time was a shitty Genius joystick which had horrible dead zones. Aircraft always kept drifting , and it made me swear never to buy a product from Genius again.

OP
T

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Hi guys , FSX (Deluxe Edition) has finally arrived from flipkart. I've installed both the service packs. If you're familiar with addons , please recommend some.

icebags

Technomancer
you did not specify the budget, however, for joystick .... logitech extreme 3d is probably best @ 2k range. it will also give you rudder controls with the twisting handle it has.

if you want better sim like setup, look for higher range stuff from logitech, they come with twin throttle controls/ rudder pedals and many more stuff! :D

Last edited:
OP
T

Tachyon1986

In the zone
you did not specify the budget, however, for joystick .... logitech extreme 3d is probably best @ 2k range. it will also give you rudder controls with the twisting handle it has.

if you want better sim like setup, look for higher range stuff from logitech, they come with twin throttle controls/ rudder pedals and many more stuff! :D

Oh I've ordered the Extreme 3d Pro already , it should come today from Flipkart :) . Anyway , thanks for your suggestions but I'm not looking to go all out hardcore with rudder pedals and throttle controls :)

Top Bottom