Flash Player in Ubuntu 64

Status
Not open for further replies.

morpheusv6

Journeyman
Is there a flash player for ubuntu Feisty 64 bit? The link for linux on the adobe website shows only x86.
I downloaded that. But during installation i get the error:

ERROR: Your architecture, \'x86_64\', is not supported by the Adobe Flash Player installer.

in the terminal. I need the player to view the flash contents of website via firefox.

The website says that:
Flash Player support on 64-bit operating systems

Issue

Flash Player is not supported for playback in a 64-bit browser.
However, you can run Flash Player in a 32-bit browser running on a 64-bit operating system.
Reason

Adobe is working on Flash Player support for 64-bit platforms as part of our ongoing commitment to the cross-platform compatibility of Flash Player. We have not yet announced timing or release dates.
Solution

To use Flash Player to view Flash content on a 64-bit operating system, you must run a 32-bit browser.

How do i install Firefox 32 bit?

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
You can either use gnash which is OSS version of flash. It's making rapid progress but still lags a bit due to closed source nature of flash.
For flash see
*www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/flash
*ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=341727
*ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=202537

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Use this script: *home.comcast.net/~next/nsplugin-wrapper-install-0-1.1.tar.gz

Its nspluginwrapper.. This will install flash on a 64 bit browser.. Im using it right now!

eddie

El mooooo
kalpik said:
Its nspluginwrapper..
nspluginwrapper has moved way ahead of 0.1.1 version :) Here's the official page
*gwenole.beauchesne.info/projects/nspluginwrapper/

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Eddie, 0.1.1 is the version number of the script! Not of Nspluginwrapper! The script uses the latest version of Nspluginwrapper. There is this guy Klitz on ubuntuforums who maintains these scripts :)

eddie

El mooooo
Oh okk! Didn't know that. Actually the link you posted doesn't seem to be working so I thought it is the old version of nspluginwrapper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom