flash mp3 player

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech_cheetah

Journeyman
Hi friends !
I have bought an 512 MB mp3 player ( Chinese - Sony duplicate ).
In the player, it showed 497 MB space n in PC also the same was shown.
But when i was transferring songs, it could not take beyond 240 MB although the rest space was being shown free by windows and the player also. Windows gave error message that *.mp3 is not a valid file or something like that. I tried several times and tried even other files other than mp3 but it was futile.
Then I found an interesting thing , when i deleted some of the mp3 files from player n added other mp3 files , its capacity decreased more . Now it holds 220 MB files (as compared to earlier 240 MB).
When i tried to fix the file system errors (F:\ Right Click > properties > Tools > Error Check )
Now the windows n player both show that around 495 MB space is occupied ,although total size of mp3 files in player is just 220 MB.
What is happening ?
I don't dare to format it bcoz one of my friend spoiled his pen drive trying formatting it and may be the player has some mp3 driver n system files which may be lost.

h_kunte

Journeyman
Hey!

U must have got a small utilities CD with the pen drive right? There is a formatting software in that CD...Use it to format ur flash drive & then see if it helps....I have formatted my disk using that software without any issues...

I too have the same model that u r talking about, & luckily I never encountered such a problem...But ppl who encountered it have successfully remeved it by formatting...

As for the drive showing 497 MB...Thats perfectly normal...No drive will give u the entire space that is written on it....Even my flash stik shows 497 MB only...

Hope that clears ur doubts....

HK

OP
tech_cheetah

tech_cheetah

Journeyman
Thanks buddy :)
i forgot that cd ..
But there are many softwares in that cd .. can u tell exactly which software will do the formatting job ?

h_kunte

Journeyman
Hey Buddy...

Now lets hope both of us have exactly the same copy of the CD...

My CD has 2 folders on its root....Its names are "2075" & "2085"....No I used the following path to reach my formatting tool:

"2085">>>"repair">>>"Setup"...

This opens an installation file which I installed onto my HDD....

After that, I attached my flash drive & then followed the following path:

"Start">>>"All Programs">>>'MP3 player utilities 1.39">>>"MP3 Player disk tool">>>"format" tab......

I HOPE this helps you out...Else u know have an idea as to what is to be done.....Just run the "setup" file from the Cd & install the utility onto ur PC....& then follow the instructions...

HK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom