Flash Menus in walkman series install guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtox

The Techno Perv
ok.. this is a guide to installing flash themes on ur se w810i,w300i, z550 etc phones.. i dunno if it works with k series..but am trying to find out.. for those of u who dont know wat i m talkin bout, chk out this video

Firstly, check ur firmware version.. do this by pressing >*<<*<* on ur joystick.. then go to service info

Secondly, Install USB flash drivers.. download them from here
then connect ur phone via the dcu-60 cable while keeping the "c" key pressed.. this brings up "found a new hardware wizard".. simply browse to the location of the above file to install the usb drivers.THIS STEP IS NECESSARY.. DO NOT SKIP THIS!!

download ur firmware file ( from topsony.com .mbn file).. if u own an 810i, this is the link to the firmware file
w810i firmware

i have a few firmwares on my comp. .. do let me kno if u need any.. if i have them, i'll upload

WARNING: Flashing ur phone can damage ur cell permanently IF NOT DONE CORRECTLY, i DO NOT take responsibility for the damage caused. so proceed at ur own risk.

MAKE SURE U HAVE FULLY CHARGED CELL BATTERY BEFORE PROGRESSING.

1. BACKUP ALL CONTENTS OF UR FONE.. SHUTDOWN UR CELL AND REMOVE SIM CARD

1. Download far manager and xs++

2. Download the SEFP plugins from here
SEFP010044
sefp010051

3. Extract FIRST SEFP010044.zip THEN sefp010051.rar to C:\Program Files\Far\Plugins

4. Download *rapidshare.com/files/28928436/db2010cid49_4_alpha.rar.zip.html and again extract it to C:\Program Files\Far\Plugins

5.Open xs++ and flash ur main with w810_p3k_dcu.49R.ssw (inside the above mentioned file). DO NOT CHECK ‘CUSTOMIZE UR FILE SYSTEM’

DO NOT FLASH UR FILE SYSTEM WITH THIS FILE!!!

It’s a break loader. After flashing with this loader, u cant start ur fone. It's only 5 flash blocks, should not take more than 30secs. Just choose STOP if it hangs on 100%.

6. Remove ur battery for 2-3 secs n put it back again.

7. Open Far manager and press F11

8. Here select SEFP 0.10.0.51 and hit enter.

• If you get the error: "Unknown exception", Exception address: 0x7C812A5B...... The plugin will be Unloaded!
This is a bug. It's because you don't have any COM-ports, so create a fake COM-port connection. I did it with my BT Dongle.

• if you get the error: "<BIldr> can be used with Service Cable ONLY".... browse to the SEFP folder and patch sefp.dll with sefp0.10.0.51patch.exe.

9. Next screen, select device as dcu-60, speed as 921600 and bootscript as w300_w810_z550_cid49 (for w810 i used this, for other models select the appropriate bootscript)

10. Hit Enter the matrix.

11. Now follow the instructions onscreen and u shd get a screen which says FS and Flash. Select FS press enter.

Here I shd tell u that the far manager screen consists of 2 window panes, the left pane shows ur phone contents like FS etc. and the right pane shows ur computer contents.

12. For flash menus, simply drag these files from the right pane in far manager and drop them on top of FS/tpa in left pane:

*rapidshare.com/files/28933067/preset.rar.html

Make sure u drop the entire directory “preset” on top of fs/tpa.

13. After u r done with this, close far manager, Remove battery n put it back after 3 secs, n open up xs++ again.

14. Flash ur main with ur firmware with (.mbn) file. DO NOT CHECK ‘CUSTOMIZE UR FILE SYSTEM’
Once this is done, remove ur battery, put it back after 3 secs n start ur phone!! That’s it!

15. Download the Themes and put the .thm files in ur phone using sony ericsson suite or whichever software u prefer.

If u did everything exactly as I said, u shd get the flash themes.

U can also put in customised acoustic drivers, camera drivers,patches,media player skins etc. using this method!

In case u damage ur phone doing this, simply run SEUS n everything will be back to normal! :D

I would Like to thank infra_red_dude for the full support he provided me wen i flashed my fone for the first time :D

Last edited:

dreams

Gracias Senor
Hi..

Thnx for the info..

I am findin a site to d/l the new firmware for my w300i "R4EA031"..

But in topsony.com site it displays only the old version of firmware..

if sum1 has the firmware culd u pls upload it..i searched a lot..

TIA

Last edited:
OP
D

dtox

The Techno Perv
dude i got this firmware for w300i.. *rapidshare.com/files/17763944/W300i_R9A036_MAIN_GENERIC_JE_RED49.rar

its r9a036 generic je version.. and in my 9th point, put speed as 115200 if 921600 dosent work..

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
dtox said:
I would Like to thank infra_red_dude for the full support he provided me wen i flashed my fone for the first time :D

glad i cud be of help.....

nice job dtox.. a lot of people haf now bougt w810i. wud be a very useful guide for them :)

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
Great article.
That >*<<*<* trick is really nice. There are so many customizations available there..but i didn't tried it. Will my warranty void if i change these??

btw how can i make my own menu thing?

OP
D

dtox

The Techno Perv
blueshift said:
btw how can i make my own menu thing?

yeah.. if u wanna change the menu icons, all u have to do is go to FS/TPA/PRESET/SYSTEM/MENU. There u will find a file called menu.ml.

MAKE SURE U BACK A BACKUP OF menu.ml IN CASE U SCREW ANYTHING UP!!! :D

Open it in wordpad or notepad n go to this line:

<element id="InternetServices">
<label type="name" textid="OLP_TITLE_TXT"/>
<icon pos="unselected" source="internal">DESKTOP_WAP_ICN</icon>
<icon pos="selected" source="internal">DESKTOP_WAP_SELECTED_ICN</icon>
<link type="internal"/>
</element>

once u find this, edit it to this:

<element id="InternetServices">
<label type="name" textid="OLP_TITLE_TXT"/>
<icon pos="unselected" source="file">xyz.png</icon>
<icon pos="selected" source="file">abc.png</icon>
<link type="internal"/>
</element>

this is to change "internet services" icon for example.. to change other icons, simply browse to the desired element id in menu.ml n make the same changes as above. Once u have made the changes, Save the new edited menu.ml in FS/TPA/PRESET/SYSTEM/MENU by overwriting the existing file and also put in the images u wish to make the icons.. in the above case, abc.png and xyz.png shd be put in FS/TPA/PRESET/SYSTEM/MENU along with menu.ml :)

btw.. this method works in w810,800,k750 etc fones..

Last edited:

Gaurav

In the zone
my personal advice, DON'T TRY IT., you will be void of your warranty.., if you are planning to purchase a new phone then go for it....
I tried it and my phone could'nt turn on, had to replace it from the service center..... (Scared of installing anything on my new phone)
The process is just too complicated...

OP
D

dtox

The Techno Perv
Gaurav said:
my personal advice, DON'T TRY IT., you will be void of your warranty.., if you are planning to purchase a new phone then go for it....
I tried it and my phone could'nt turn on, had to replace it from the service center..... (Scared of installing anything on my new phone)

hey buddy! I agree it is risky but i started fidling around with it since the day i got my fone.. if u have the corect guide n knowledge, there is NO WAY u can screw this up!! plus there is SEUS to help u out if u screw nething up.. its not as risky as u make it sound!!! :D i have flashed n reflashed my fone like 50 times now using the above method.. still runnin fine! :D

Oh, n b4 sending ur fone to the service center, u could have posted ur problem here , in this forum.. v might have helped u out with it.. as i see it.. ur fone couldnt turn on, yeah?? well..i had the same problem the first time i flashed n i just had to reflash my main firmware..!!

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Gaurav said:

you needn't goto the service center. jus download the default flash files and flash it. this works in the worst case scenario too!

CINTEL ENTRINO

Loading . . . please d'nt
hey... dtox... i reacently bought the w810i....

but i dont know how to use the IR port.... how do i use it as a remote.... ??

OP
D

dtox

The Techno Perv
gauravakaasid said:
gr8 piece of info @dtox, thnx. btw, can u post some screenshots too??

check this video out:
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRtzrVT5Xbo

see my attachments for screenshots ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom