First Person Games or Third Person Games??

First Person Games or Third Person Games?

• Total voters

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Dunno, its just a perspective..
[STRIKE]its the game that actually matters..[/STRIKE] Its the opinion that actually matters
Far cry 4 is a good FPS game..
Battlefield and CoD are **** FPS games
Hitman is a great TPS game, Gears of war is a crap TPS game
See my choices are highly opinionated, I prefer games that arent just mindless shooting

Ronnie012

Earthling
Third Person any day. I've played FPS only to miss the third person view e.g - Crysis. So I tried installing some mods to make it look like a Third Person Shooter but failed. Another example is Singularity, had it been a TPG , it'd have been a great game , but alas it is an FPS. On the other hand look at games like Hitman, Mass Effect etc. They rock. I think game developers should seriously consider turning every future game a THG.

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
Third Person any day. I've played FPS only to miss the third person view e.g - Crysis. So I tried installing some mods to make it look like a Third Person Shooter but failed. Another example is Singularity, had it been a TPG , it'd have been a great game , but alas it is an FPS. On the other hand look at games like Hitman, Mass Effect etc. They rock. I think game developers should seriously consider turning every future game a THG.
What's THG?

Ronnie012

Earthling
Imagine playing a game like Dishonored with Third Person perspective
Call me nuts or whatever, but I think Dishonoured would have been a far better game had it been a Third Person Game. Dishonoured with Third person would've been somewhat like Assasins

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
Imagine playing a game like Dishonored with Third Person perspective

Call me nuts or whatever, but I think Dishonoured would have been a far better game had it been a Third Person Game. That said it is still a good game but not great.
I'm with you.

It would've been a great, if the developers provide an option to shift between first person and third person mode. Let's not forget Far Cry series.

Ronnie012

Earthling
I'm with you.

It would've been a great, if the developers provide an option to shift between first person and third person mode. Let's not forget Far Cry series.

Also consider Halo series vs Mass Effect. Mass Effect with its third person perspe tive offers the player so much customizability and versatility vis a vis Halo series.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm with you.

Also consider Halo series vs Mass Effect. Mass Effect with its third person perspe tive offers the player so much customizability and versatility vis a vis Halo series.

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
How many of think Deux Ex series would've been much better, if it's purely a TPS?
The game throws TPS-design while using cover-system, but still... .

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Hey.. I suggested this the other day on whatsapp group.. :censored:

anyway on topic, I really like FPS games more than TPS.. Be it any game.. And I think every future games should have the option to switch to FPS or TPS at any point in the game just like GTA V. And the game Rainbow six vegas nailed this because you play as FPS while shooting but when you are on cover, the view changes to TPS.

Ronnie012

Earthling
How many of think Deux Ex series would've been much better, if it's purely a TPS?
The game throws TPS-design while using cover-system, but still... .
It being an FPS is the only reason I haven't played Deus Ex series till date. Surely it'd been much better as a TPS. Also consider Borderlands series.

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
You're right. Making a game only to FPS or TPS perspective (though am not sure here), limits other genre users to not even consider the game.

Top Bottom