Firewire card driver not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramborums

Broken In
I have a newly assembled PC with XP Pro SP2. I added a 1394 firewire card. XP detects the card and installs the drivers but the drivers indicate error status (yellow exclamation). This card has worked fine in another system also running XP Pro SP2. What could be the problem? How can i sort this out?

The only difference i can figure out is that in the first PC, XP was installed with the firewire card in place right from start. In the new PC, I forgot to put in the firewire card. I fixed the card only after all the updates were completed.

Thanks for any help.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I have a newly assembled PC with XP Pro SP2. I added a 1394 firewire card. XP detects the card and installs the drivers but the drivers indicate error status (yellow exclamation). This card has worked fine in another system also running XP Pro SP2. What could be the problem? How can i sort this out?

The only difference i can figure out is that in the first PC, XP was installed with the firewire card in place right from start. In the new PC, I forgot to put in the firewire card. I fixed the card only after all the updates were completed.

Thanks for any help.

Where you got the driver from. Get it from the AMD/ATI sites. Official sites. What motherboard you have..?

OP
R

ramborums

Broken In
Used the drivers built in in WinXP. didnt have any driver with the card. The mother board is Gigabyte G31.

I slipped on specifying the driver status in Device manager .. It says Device could not start. Code 10.

I couldnt find any drivers for firewire in AMD or ATI sites. Any leads?

Thanks for your response.
Ramesh

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Used the drivers built in in WinXP. didnt have any driver with the card. The mother board is Gigabyte G31.

I slipped on specifying the driver status in Device manager .. It says Device could not start. Code 10.

I couldnt find any drivers for firewire in AMD or ATI sites. Any leads?

Thanks for your response.
Ramesh

What is the EXACT name of your card.

OP
R

ramborums

Broken In
if you are referring to the make, it is VIA. I dont see any other name on it. The number on the chip is VT6307. Hope this helps.

OP
R

ramborums

Broken In
i had already checked the via site. all it says there is that no driver is required for this card / chip. and there are so many threads on various sites on the same problem of 1394 driver in XP SP2. Cant believe there are no XP systems with firewire cards in them!

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Install your motherboard drivers once again.

Just put in the disc, and run the installer. It will patch the missing ones. Re-start when ever prompted.

OP
R

ramborums

Broken In
the firewire is on a PCI card, not on the motherboard. would it still be relevant to reinstall the motherboard drivers?
Tks

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^Yea..it would be. I read about it..and that seemed to be an issue, at times. Though this might not fix your problem. But just re-install over the existent ones, no harm will come to the system. If anything is missing or corrupt, the new install will fix it. Else it will skip all ready installed stuff...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom