Final Configuration - Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

shyamthakkar

Broken In
Hi all,

Following is the configuration, I have decided so far; please post your suggestions regarding the same.

My requirements are word processing, surfing, watching a lot of DVD movies, casual gaming and serious AutoCAD

My budget is around Rs. 50,000. What will be the approx cost for the below rig. If I am adding something which is not required, please let me know.

• Boxed Intel® Pentium® 4 processor 3.0C/E GHz, 800MHz FSB, 90nm
• Boxed Intel® Desktop Board D865GBFL with 10/100 LAN
• 1 GB (512 x 2) DDR @ 400 MHz Transcend / Kingston RAM
• Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 160GB SATA HDD
• Lite-On SOHW-1633S DVD-Writer
• Lite-On LTD165H DVD ROM
• 17� LG Flatron E700s Monitor
• PowerSafe 400 W SMPS with headphones & 4 USB ports in front
• PCI Firewire port card
• Logitech® Wheel Mouse Optical / Logitech® MX™310 Optical Mouse
• Logitech™ NewTouch™ Keyboard / Logitech Easy Keyboard Deluxe Black
• D-Link 56 Kbps Internal Modem / DLink External Modem 56 Kbps DFM-560ES
• A 1.44 MB FDD from Sony
• TV-TUNER CARD: Pinnacle PCTV-Plus Stereo
• Creative Sound Blaster Live 5.1 soundcard
• Creative Inspire 5.1 5200 Speakers
• Sony Standard MV- USM128MB / Transcend 128 / 256 MB Pen Drive
• GeForce FX 5200 (128-bit) 256 MB / GF4 Ti4200 128 MB
• Logitech® RumblePad™ / Logitech® Precision™ USB
• HP Scanjet 3770 digital flatbed scanner / HP Scanjet 4070 Photosmart scanner
• HP Photosmart 145 compact photo printer / HP Photosmart 148 compact photo printer / HP Deskjet 3744 Colour Inkjet Printer / HP Deskjet 3745 Colour Inkjet Printer
• QuickCam™ Pro 4000 / QuickCam™ Zoom / QuickCam™ Messenger / QuickCam™ Express

The things that I am confused are the ones with more than 1 option; some will be decided based on their prices, warranty and availability in the Mumbai region.

I have taken an estimate from many different reputed dealers (took the names from the Intel Website) and the total price is coming to 55K. But most of them are too far from my residence. I stay at Kandivali. Only 2 or 3 are near Malad and Borivali. How is this shop, Bitzy which is opposite Indraprasth? Is it good? If you know some good reputed dealer, providing good after sales service, please let me know. The reason I want it close to my residence is so that the engineer can come within the same day of the problem.

I would require a proof of warranty on all the parts. The assembly needs to take place in my presence on site i.e. my residence. Would like the assembler to break open the sealed boxes of all parts in front of me. Would also require him to show originality certificates of all parts. Would like the assembler to buy all parts with bills bearing my name and ask him to fix the stickers on all parts with the date and their signature. The bills should have the serial numbers mentioned for all the items. Bitzy has agreed for all this.

Is there any way of checking after the computer has been assembled, as to which parts have been assembled?

Is there anything I need to confirm / clarify with the dealer before making the deal?

Thank you so much for reading, would request you to please post the reply

Thanks in advance,
Shyam

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Boxed Intel® Pentium® 4 processor 3.0C/E GHz, 800MHz FSB, 90nm----> 3.0E is available in 90 nmand not 3.0C

Boxed Intel® Desktop Board D865GBFL with 10/100 LAN ----> bad choice,in my opinion.

Lite-On SOHW-1633S DVD-Writer ---> Stay Miles away,go with Pioneer 108D

PowerSafe 400 W SMPS with headphones & 4 USB ports in front -----> Since when did SMPSwithFront headphones jack and USb ports came into existence?

As for cabinet, i have not seen a single one with 4 front USB ports.

The assembly needs to take place in my presence on site i.e. my residence.-----> pardon me but why so? any particular reason? Please understand that it is easy for the assemblerto build the machine at his place as he has all the tools handy. :wink:

Would like the assembler to break open the sealed boxes of all parts in front of me.-----> Many parts need to be opened to apply the warranty stickers.

Would also require him to show originality certificates of all parts-----> What certificates?

Would like the assembler to buy all parts with bills bearing my name-----> He wont do so,because it is not possible.He buys stuff from wholesalers and make a bill in your name from his firm.This is how it works.

ask him to fix the stickers on all parts with the date and their signature.-----> It is already doneby Distributer and Reseller.]

Is there any way of checking after the computer has been assembled, as to which parts have been assembled?-----> Didnt you mentioned above that you would like to get the system built infront of you?

I see that you want to be safew and secure but,my humble advice- be realistic and practical inputting forward your conditions.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
there is a small line with being cautious and over zealous and well seriously u sound over zealous IMO. I assemble systems as a hobby. And sometimes I get the system assembled too by my dealer. He himself offers to especially when he knows that certain components will be difficult install such as the heat sink on the processor and so on. I watch him assemble it at his place and I verify that the components are original b4 he removes the packaging, and till now I have not had any issues with bad components. If they dont work I just take it back and he replaces it without any fuss. If you really want to make sure you get the right components just check them and see the person assemble it.

[flAsh]

In the zone
hey shyam go 4 a AThlon 64 3500+ with MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum based on nforce 3 ultra and rest remains the same

OP
S

shyamthakkar

Broken In
hi darklord,

in ur opinion if northwood is available then shud i go for it or shud i go for prescott with 90nm with heat issues.

why is D865GBFL, a bad choice in ur opinion, plz throw some light upon it.

is there anything wrong in particular with liteon drives, plz inform me

i guess since i will go for a cabinet with PowerSafe 400 W SMPS and 2 USB ports in front :)

the only reason i have asked for on site assembly is bcos i have heard horrible stories abt dealers putting duplicate or old components in the system. thats y unless u kow a dealer which is trustworthy, in tht case , plz give me his details

the dealer i have spoken to , bitzy has agreed for onsite assembly with bills in my name.

although the assembly will take on site, just as a way to confirm i was asking Is there any way of checking after the computer has been assembled, as to which parts have been assembled?

i was thinking of going for 915GAV with P4 LGA775 but i have heard there is not much difference in performance plus the PCIe graphics cards r expensive

i am still open to it? wht r the pros n cons of 915 vs 865 knowing my config and my requirements?

thanks a lot guys for replying :)

G

gxsaurav

Hmm, good, but U don't need that much high, also prescott will be hot

U can still get 3.0C GHz northwood, not the 2.4 or 2.6 models

The gfx card is bad, as I said earlier, go for Matrox G500 or Parhalia P750 for AutoCAD, still, if not then Stay Away from ATI, they perform horrible in OpenGL apps compared to NVIDIA, however even a NVIDIA FX5200 will not perform good in AutoCAD but better then Radeon

BUt overall FX5200 is a good choice, but do upgrade to a Matrox when U get the money

KHUBBU

Journeyman
most assembler i have talked to were ready to assemble at my place. so u can expect that from urs. but see be careful about the prices specially the ram prices they fluctuate frequently. it was coz of this that i ended up buying a branded one myself. i would recommend branded if u r so worried about components. zenith has some nice options and u can additionally add whatever u want from the zenith dealer itself.

OP
S

shyamthakkar

Broken In
I am getting the following config at these prices. Is it good?

Boxed Intel® Pentium® 4 processor 3.0C GHz, 800MHz FSB (Northwood Processor) & Boxed Intel® Desktop Board D865GBFL with 10/100 LAN - 14500
1 GB (512 x 2) DDR @ 400 MHz Transcend RAM 8400
Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 160GB SATA HDD 5200
Lite-On SOHW-1633S DVD-Writer 5800
Lite-On LTD165H DVD ROM 1800
17" LG Flatron E700s Monitor 8300
VIP 400 W SMPS in Ibox Grabita ATX Cabinet with headphones & 4 USB ports in front 1500
Logitech® Wheel Mouse Optical 600
Logitechâ„¢ NewTouchâ„¢ Keyboard 350
D-Link External Modem 56 Kbps DFM-560ES 1750
A 1.44 MB FDD from Sony 350
TV-TUNER CARD: Pinnacle PCTV-Plus Stereo 2600
Creative Sound Blaster Live 5.1 soundcard 2550
Creative Inspire 5.1 5200 Speakers 5400
Sony Standard MV- USM 512MB Pen Drive 2800
HP ScanJet 2400c 3500
HP Deskjet 3745 Colour Inkjet Printer 2700
QuickCam Express 1400

Total 69500

Including installation charges and 1 year on site warranty, all items will be box packed and the assmbly will take place on site.

going for baja finance scheme at 9.9 ROI for 36 months.

plz reply.

shyam

indro

In the zone
Looks good , just ta too many intels in the config ... GRRR !!
Lolz , just kidding !

Have fun with it .

p.s. - i dont like the graphics card choice though , even though i have the same card , still i brough it 1 and a half years back.

Ok, your config is not bad but I suggest u to use 2 HDD(40 for Os and softies+120 for other data) instead of 160 and also for Athlon FX. It is best for u. Good BUY :wink:

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Also u might wanna hold on the Liteon DVD writers. I think they have bad reviews. Check out the Pioneer ones. They are good and are 16X as well.

OP
S

shyamthakkar

Broken In
ya, i was thinking of going for pioneer dvr 108, i have heard it is better than liteon and only 100 bucks more expensive.

what say, guys?

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
yes pioneer is good but i'd still maintain wot i said on TA, go for AMD64 cuz when 64 bit will be mainstream(which will take some time) this expensive PC will become obsolete..............

nikhilesh

Journeyman
obsolete is a small word..............

u noe many guyz noe that amd is better but get this really weird feeling wen someone asks them to buy an A64 rig simply bcoz theyve never experienced one of AMD's systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom