File sharing between two desktop

System 1 : Windows 7 64 bit
System 2 : Windows 7 32 bit

Already done:

System 1 IP address : 192.168.0.10 (press TAB)
System 2 IP address : 192.168.0.11 (press TAB)

Reply received from both system (PING)

Workgroup SAME on both system

Problem: Unidentified Network on both system

amirajdhawan

Broken In
As you have windows 7 in both the desktops, you can go for homegroups, on any one desktop create a home group from control panel, and on the other system on the same network, join the home group created on first desktop.
You don't need to care about ips and all, it's very simple, and then you can share any folder or file by right clicking and selecting share in homegroup.
To access the shared files, go to network from search and there you would see the other desktops name, and you would get the shared files there, would work both way and like a charm.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
System 1 : Windows 7 64 bit
System 2 : Windows 7 32 bit

Already done:

System 1 IP address : 192.168.0.10 (press TAB)
System 2 IP address : 192.168.0.11 (press TAB)

Reply received from both system (PING)

Workgroup SAME on both system

Problem: Unidentified Network on both system

Dont worry about the unidetified network if u can ping then everythink is ok share the Files/Folders on both the system type(assuming u want to access 10 from 11) Windows Key+R> Type "\\192.168.0.10" in 11 and u can access the resources this way in both the PC's

OP
bajaj151
^^ I am getting Error

*img196.imageshack.us/img196/3467/windowscannotaccess.th.jpg

(I shared the drive with Full permission)

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
^^ I am getting Error

*img196.imageshack.us/img196/3467/windowscannotaccess.th.jpg

(I shared the drive with Full permission)

r u sharing a complete Drive if yes share only the particular folder u need to access

this will help
Windows 7 & Vista - Sharing a CD/DVD Drive on a Network

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
r u sharing a complete Drive if yes share only the particular folder u need to access

this will help
Windows 7 & Vista - Sharing a CD/DVD Drive on a Network

Even after following that procedure, Windows Vista/7 frquently gives access error.

OP
bajaj151
Thanks all for the help....problem SOLVED....

Select the drive properties and under the security tab add one entry "everyone" and ok :)

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
Try this:
Right click the drive. Select Properties > Sharing > Advanced Sharing > Permissions > Add . Type 'Everyone'.

Also Select Properties > Security > Edit > Add. Enter 'Everyone'.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
U use the net directly on both the PC's what u have to do is to configure PPPOE senvice on the modem to directly connect to the net and reconfigure ur Lan IP's in Modem's range i.e if ur Modem's IP is 192.168.1.1 configure the PC's as
IP-192.168.1.2/3
SM-255.255.255.0
Gateway-192.168.1.1
Ur file sharing wont be affected if u change IP

Alternatively u can use
AnalogX proxy very easy to use & configure
Network Downloads : Proxy /// AnalogX

Decide & get back if any help reqd.

Anush

Sandy Bridge User :)
Sorry to Post here, i didn't want to create a new Thread because i am having the same issue :D

I purchased a new Rig two days ago and i am having Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

Pc-1 (new): 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Pc-2 (old): XP Media Center 32 bit

I want to transfer my files from Pc 2 to 1 and there's a huge amount of Data. Transfering it from Flash Drive would take ages.

What i have is an Ethernet Cat 5e Cable. I tried to ping each Pc (after setting IP address on both) but no Packets received.
Can anything be done?

Hustlerr

[Next-Gen]
@Anush... u directly connecting both PC's from same wire ? Or through router something ?

If you are directly connecting then u need Cross Cable or if its through router then make sure its Straight Cable !

Top Bottom