Few Questions before I buy an Ipad

ajay600

Broken In
5 Questions about Apple Ipad

I found a good deal on eBay for buying the Ipad2 @ 21.8k

Here are few questions before I order it tomorrow based on your answers

1) Does it play AVI format video files because almost all movies I have in my PC is AVI format. It is fine even if some app available in Appstore plays it.

2) I was impressed with the games my friend had on his Ipod touch. Will I be able to play all those games on the Ipad2 . Doesn't matter even if does not play it full screen on the iPad

3) The first thing I would be doing with my iPad is JAILBREAK. All sites I visited to know about IPad jailbreak had a warning 'I could Brick my iPad' . Have u ever heard/know anyone's Ipad being bricked. Wat is the % that I might brick my Ipad(assuming I do it exactly as recommended) ?

4) Does bricking mean my Ipad is dead...Will I not be able to install back the apple firmware back!

5) Will browsing experience on Ipad be similar/better than browsing in PC. for example: will the Google Homepage 'www.google.com' fit the Ipad screen or I will have to scoll vertically and horizontally to view the full page.

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
Answers to your questions:
1. You can download free app to play every video format,so don't worry about it
2.Yes you will be able to play almost every game that you have on your friend's ipad touch.
3. there are very few chances,as that mostly happens if one doesn't follow the instructions.
3. You will be able to get back to its original firmware but how, that I think someone else here can tell you better.
4. The browsing experience will different from that to the computer, I suggest you not to compare it. The scrolling of the page will depend on the website,generally it will fit on the ipad screen.

OP
A

ajay600

Broken In
thanks m8 , that really helped

From your experience, would u recommend an iPad for browsing. because the main reason im getting it is i could lie on the bed and still browse comfortable

PraKs

Youngling
Download VLC, it will play any file, no coversion.

Original firmware can be downloaded from Apple site, Hunt for direct links in google :)

Top Bottom