Fedora cannot run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajas700

Youngling
I have got the fedora core 4.But when i try to install it is not installing in graphic mode and textmode also by saying that it cannot UNLOCK the memory?But i was able to install other linux like PCQ Linux 2005.What could be the problem?How to install it?Help me with the details.

Delta

Journeyman
I've also tried to install fedora 4 on my PC. I have Via C3 with 8601 chipset. I couldn't install it. So, I tried it on my friend's PC. He has P4 2.4 on 845GL. I found some technical problems on it.

Delta

Journeyman
desertwind said:
@Delta
Can u please elaborate the problems you faced ?

I don't know command line installation. So, I did it with graphical mode only. I got white screen before I can see welcome message of fedora installation in graphical mode on my via 8601.

On my friend's 845GL there was resolution problem. I tried 'resolution' and 'noprob' options they are giving before booting into setup. I could'nt solve it.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
Delta said:
I don't know command line installation. So, I did it with graphical mode only. I got white screen before I can see welcome message of fedora installation in graphical mode on my via 8601.

Text mode installation is no hell. You use your keyboard instead of mouse. thats all. and it is much faster. I suggest you to try that once, if you have got problems with graphical install.

Still the problem is not clear. so if you got the welcome message, then proceed with it. Whats the problem with that.

Delta said:
On my friend's 845GL there was resolution problem. I tried 'resolution' and 'noprob' options they are giving before booting into setup. I could'nt solve it.

Still i suggest a text mode installation.

Delta

Journeyman
desertwind said:
Still the problem is not clear. so if you got the welcome message, then proceed with it. Whats the problem with that.

I didn't got welcome screen. I got white screen instead of welcome.

BTW Thanx for your suggestion. I will try for text mode installation.

ujjwal

Padawan
If you want to go about installing fedora in graphical mode itself, you can try starting the installer with linux screen=800x600, or some other lesser resolution which is likely to work. But yes, as desertwind said, the "text mode" is nothing but a similiar installer, but in which you use the keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom