FDM download failed after it reached 83%

abhishek39

Broken In
I have FDM and an extremely slow internet.
download qt(1.7GB) with a lot of pain. when it reached 83%. i was browsing on net then i saw that the pc time was 10 mins faster than the actual time, so i corrected it. and suddenly the download failed.(do changing the time has any connection with the failed download??). i tried the file download in Firefox and it started succesfully(ie no problem with the link(*nds2.fds-forum.nokia.com/p/d/fds_forum/428e0ef9-1cb7-49cf-8ab5-0723f923e70d/Qt_SDK_Win_offline/QtSdk-offline-win-x86-v1_2_1.exe?fdptoken=1348276529_46d97394e1824c05ae0e121f01b722cc))
also i tried to download another file in FDM and it successfully started (i.e no problem in the FDM too).
then what must be the problem. how to resume the download??.i cant restart the download again.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
yeah, don't delete your present queue of qt. Restart the download. When FDM captures the link and started download, cancel it. Go to FDM, copy the link address for the 2nd download, replace the address of the first one with this, and reume the old download. It should do the trick.

OP
A

abhishek39

Broken In
it didn't. it says file not found on the server.
then i tried this one. restarted the download from the site. after it downloaded two or three MB i paused the download and replaced the newly created file with the original one. the download started and no new file is created. i think it is downloading to the the original file, good if it is. but the MB's downloaded are the same 2 then 3 while the original file was downloaded 83% is it downloading on the original file or not i am bit confused..!!.

Last edited:

Tech&ME

Banned
Hmm...

I see that the link of from the Nokia website is dead now !.

And to resume the download, what @skud suggested should do the trick.

Also, re-setting the clock does break a download since it depends on it.

If you have a mac or your friends has one, take the incomplete downloaded file on usb drive to a mac computer and use the terminal to download the rest of the file. [ I don't know if ubuntu has this kind of thing or not ]

Last edited:

Tech&ME

Banned
Oh well !

Found a easy solution for @OP

If OP has a ubuntu installed on his computer he can do the following to resume the file.

Step 1 : copy the in-complete file from your Windows PC to a USB pen drive.

Step 2 : Login to your ubuntu desktop and open terminal from the applications list. [ also connect to the internet ]

Step 3 : Insert the USB pen drive and copy the in-complete file to documents folder [ or where ever you want ]

Step 4 : Now in the terminal cd to go to documents folder or to the folder you just copied your in-complete file to.

Step 5 : once you are in the documents folder in the terminal, shoot this command in.

wget -c *urlofyournokiafile.exe

And press ENTER key

It will resume the file where FDM left-off.

Cool Na !!! :)

@OP can also download and use Wget for Windows from here if he does not have ubuntu installed.

---------

Last edited:
OP
A

abhishek39

Broken In
i download wget from the site you preferred. but while installing it is showing this error :
Capture.PNG
i use windows 8. what may be the solution.

Tech&ME

Banned
@abhishek39

WGet is not for Windows 8 currently. It requires many extra files which are not by default on Windows 8.

I am sorry, but you cannot use it in Windows 8.

As for other alternatives, I have already told you to use Ubuntu [ Even a Live CD will do ]

Also you can try it in windows 7. It works in Windows 7 x86 and x64.

Last edited:
OP
A

abhishek39

Broken In
i was a user of Ubuntu since 2 years. but mistakenly i installed windows 8 over it. i don't have a live CD for Ubuntu, i installed it inside windows 8, but unfortunately it cannot connect to internet.
also i haven't purchased windows 7. but i have a live CD for opensuse, can i use it?
It requires many extra files which are not by default on Windows 8.
can u suggest me some thing to make it possible for windows 8.

Tech&ME

Banned
OK, i installed wget in my friends windows 7 laptop. now, what to do next.

All right.

I know you are a bit confused as to how to use it in Windows 7.

Let's start:

Step 1 : Enable Show Hidden Folder from the Folders Option in Control Panel or directly from the EXPLORER window.

Step 2 : Copy the incomplete file ( yournokiafile.exe ) to this folder : C:/users/<your user name>/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Program files (x86)/GnuWin32/bin/<yournokiafile.exe>

Step 3 : Goto Start and type CMD in the search bar and press ENTER

Step 4 : Navigate in the Command Window by using cd as given below:

cd Program files (x86) [ press Enter key ]

cd GnuWin32 [ Press Enter Key ]

cd Bin [ Press Enter Key ]

Now Type this command :

wget -c *nokiadownloadurl.html [ Press Enter Key ]

Your file will RESUME again.

Note : You can confirm if the file is being download onto simply by right clicking on the file it self and looking at the properties. [ this extra tip is for advanced users ]

OP
A

abhishek39

Broken In
Step 2 : Copy the incomplete file ( yournokiafile.exe ) to this folder : C:/users/<your user name>/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Program files (x86)/GnuWin32/bin/<yournokiafile.exe>

i cant find a folder c:/users/............/virtualstore is empty(i have already enabled 'show hidden folders'). should i create the folders 'Program files (x86)/GnuWin32/bin/'??

Tech&ME

Banned
i cant find a folder c:/users/............/virtualstore is empty(i have already enabled 'show hidden folders'). should i create the folders 'Program files (x86)/GnuWin32/bin/'??

NO

OH ! I forgot to ask you, is your windows 7 32bit ? If yes then put the incomplete file in this location: C:/users/<your user name>/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Program files/GnuWin32/bin/<yournokiafile.exe>

Also please tell how did you installed wget, using SETUP.exe ?

Where is wget.exe in your computer ?

Tech&ME

Banned
i am using windows 7 64 bit. also the folder is empty.
View attachment 7101
and i have installed wget using setup.exe:
View attachment 7102

OK

You should disable the UAC in windows 7 before you install wget. OR right click on wget-1.1.14-1-setup.exe and run as Administrator.

Anyway.

Step 1 : First check if you have wget.exein this location or not : c:\program files (x86)\GnuWin32\Bin\ Wget.exe

Step 2 : Now do one of the following:

Option A:

Goto CMD [ command prompt ] and type the following:

on the C:\

TYPE cd
cd Program files (x86) [ press Enter key ]

cd GnuWin32 [ Press Enter Key ]

cd Bin [ Press Enter Key ]

Now Type this command :

wget "*www.indiaschoolguru.com" [ Press Enter Key ] [without quotation marks - " ]

*i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t474/devyam/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20WIN-DEEPSERVER/Gnu/gnu2_zps9e357589-Copy.jpg

*i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t474/devyam/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20WIN-DEEPSERVER/Gnu/gnu3_zpsdeca8a76-Copy.jpg

This will automatically create the missing folders in the destination location and put one index.html there [ just ignore this index.html file ]

Very Important Step :

Now goto c:\program files (x86)\GnuWin32\Bin\ and check if it has the index.html file you just downloaded or not ? if yes.

You need to put yournokiafile.exe here in this location.

If your answer is NO , follow Option B:

Option B:

Step B1 : Goto c:\program files (x86)\GnuWget location in windows explorer and copy the Bin directory to your desktop [ note : just copy it, do not move anything from there ]

Step B2 : Copy the incomplete file to this bin folder on your desktop.

Step B3 : Now Goto to CMD [ Command Prompt ]

And TYPE the following: Cd desktop\bin on the C:\ prompt

And then TYPE wget -c *nokiadownloadurl.html [ Press Enter Key ]

The file will resume to download.

Last edited:

Tech&ME

Banned
@abhishek39

use Wget it is easy to use and fast.

Once you install wget, just copy the bin folder to your desktop and start using it.

OP
A

abhishek39

Broken In
i followed till the last step, until that every thing was fine...
but after this
And then TYPE wget -c *nokiadownloadurl.html [ Press Enter Key ]

The file will resume to download.
it is saying
Capture2.PNG
it is downloading form beginning ....again
it has created a new file,instead of downloading on the same:
Capture.PNG
what to do???

Last edited:
Top Bottom