Faulty onboard Ethernet controller

Sandeep dubey

Broken In
I am unable to access internet dorm last 1 week .... I don't know whether is it because of faulty network controller or because of driver .... I have installed drivers ... But unable to access internet ... Also can someone plzz tell me how to check whether my onboard Ethernet is faulty or not if it is then what should I do so this get again sorted !!!! Plzzzz help....

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I am unable to access internet dorm last 1 week ... I don't know whether is it because of the faulty network controller or because of the driver ... I have installed drivers ... But unable to access the internet ... Also can someone please tell me how to check whether my onboard Ethernet is faulty or not if it is then what should I do so this get again sorted !!!! Plzzzz help....
Please specify the model of the Motherboard you are using. Also, did you install the default drivers from the website of the motherboard?

OP
Sandeep dubey

Sandeep dubey

Broken In
Motherboard model is GA-78LMT-S2P processor: AMD FX(tm)-6100 six Core
System type: X86
Yea I had gigabyte drivers CD I have installed the drivers but still unable to access internet.

OP
Sandeep dubey

Sandeep dubey

Broken In
The drivers are getting installed but when I m troubleshooting from windows network diagnostics its showing Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter .If you have a network adapater ,you will need to re-install the driver...But while installing driver its getting installed .

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Motherboard model is GA-78LMT-S2P processor: AMD FX(tm)-6100 six Core
System type: X86
Yea I had gigabyte drivers CD I have installed the drivers but still unable to access internet.
What is the revision of the motherboard? Just take a look at the cabinet as its written on the Mobo itself.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Is it because of faulty onboard Ethernet controller plzzzz help..... ....
Download the latest LAN drivers from here:GA-78LMT-S2P (rev. 3.1) | Motherboard | GIGABYTE and that too according to the Revision of the motherboard you have.
*s8.postimg.org/5tzcyx179/screenshot-www.gigabyte.com-2017-12-02-17-28-50-863.png

OP
Sandeep dubey

Sandeep dubey

Broken In
Thanks sunil but I has a doubt is it because of faulty Ethernet controller can you plzz tell me how to check whether my Ethernet controller is working or not..??

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Thanks sunil but I has a doubt is it because of faulty Ethernet controller can you plzz tell me how to check whether my Ethernet controller is working or not..??
Download the Ethernet Diagnostic Utility from the above mentioned website and check for yourself.
If it is faulty then you can go with this PCI-E Ethernet Adapter:*www.amazon.in/TP-Link-Gigabit-Express-Network-Adapter/dp/B003CFATNI
Since you have the PCI x1 port on the Mobo, the above said Adapter is fully compatible.

OP
Sandeep dubey

Sandeep dubey

Broken In
Now again a new issue my pc is not booting it just reach this screen nd cursor keeps blinking what could be the reason ....plzz help

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Sandeep dubey - when you post a thread next time, calm down, relax and do it with some basic system info from next time.
Also keep the thread updated onexactly what you did ( or did not ) to solve the issue.
It will help you and any other else who is facing a similar situation.

OP
Sandeep dubey

Sandeep dubey

Broken In
Thanks guys... Thanks for helping me out of this.... You're suggestions worked a lot in troubleshooting the problems.... I thought at the prior stage of faulty Ethernet controller but I proved wrong it got sorted out by installing drivers, before that I tried installing drivers from multiple sources but all proved wrong so ... I started thinking of a chance of faulty Ethernet controller... But things sorted out with the help of @bssunilreddy also ... After installing my pc couldn't boot up .... I don't what was the reason Again..I had to reinstall the os... After deleting the previous partition again after repeating the whole procedure... Now it's working fine so thanks guys... This forum is a great way to get things sorted out.... Thanks for you're help!!!!

Top Bottom