Fake Canon Battery from Authorized Canon Dealer (Mahatta & Co -Delhi)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuge

Youngling
Well,I got one battery for my Canon Ixus 950is from Mahatta &Co (he is an authorized canon dealer ) due to "low battery battery problem ",but the issue remained as it is .So,I felt my camera was at fault ,and gave it to Canon India service center Gurgoan (my camera is still under warranty till June 2010).that includes Camera and all its accessories including charger + batteries were given .Engg at canon service found camera + charger to be ok ,but found new battery to be fake .

On 20thmarch , I got replacement from Mahatta ,but the problem of low battery still persists .Now ,I'm stuck who to trust Canon service centre or his dealer .I really need help or else I will loose my faith in canon.

battery pack model : NB-5L

Krow

Crowman
Why don't you take the batteries to the dealer and tell him about this low battery problem and that Canon has told that the batteries are fake? If he doesn't accept, ask for a refund and get batteries from elsewhere. If problem persists, then the Service center guys should be answerable.

I think you should try and borrow someone else's batteries. The problem may be with the charger too.

OP
Stuge

Stuge

Youngling
Why don't you take the batteries to the dealer and tell him about this low battery problem and that Canon has told that the batteries are fake? If he doesn't accept, ask for a refund and get batteries from elsewhere. If problem persists, then the Service center guys should be answerable.

I think you should try and borrow someone else's batteries. The problem may be with the charger too.
charger is already checked by canon service center ,and its fine .

Battery has been replaced once by mahatta .So,now I have a feeling that he has got bunch of fake batteries with him .

I've sent an email to canon india too ,and waiting for their response .I just want to create awareness among people that mahatta & co seems to cheat people ,and people should refrain buying from that dealer .

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
Why don't you tell him that the Canon Service center has told you twice that the batteries are fake? If that does not work out, then you can file a complaint with Canon regarding this as this fellow is supposedly the Authorised dealer for Canon.

OP
Stuge

Stuge

Youngling
well,I have got an aknowledgement from canon india today in the morning .I hope their concerned department calls me or reponds via email soon

Rahim

Married!
There is a parrallel industry dealing in duplicates/fakes products of reputed brands (even our products :( ) and it is very difficult to curb this menace. It tales time, energy and a lot of money and yet it grows :(
It is sad that reputed dealers are beginning to see the higher margin in fake products and cheating the buyers.

We have seen a whole area specializing in duplicating a whole range of products (Parachute Coconut Oil, Kux Soaps and even Camay soaps :D Boroline, D-Cold etc ) and everyone knows it but the people involved are influential.

jainshubhanyu

Broken In
It is great that you contacted Canon India over the issue. It should now be their headache to find out whether the service centre is lying or the Mahatta is actually at fault. Mahatta has been selling canon for ages... it is disgusting to see them stoop so low for money. Boo mahatta... I thought they could be trusted blindly but f%^&* money makes people dance..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom