Fake calls received ?

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Friends, A relative of mine having a very basic Nokia phone has been receiving missed calls on his mobile number at random almost once a day or two. The number flashing is +6707xxxx3x90. It rings for one or two times or sometimes more and stops. Sometimes it comes even post midnight! It’s annoying.

So far the call has not been answered or even called back. Moreover seems (google search) like there’s a country code 670 that belongs to some small city/country in south east asia. Being a basic phone, there does not seem to be call blocking feature.

Anyone experienced similar issue? Any ways to block it just in case on basic phone?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Friends, A relative of mine having a very basic Nokia phone has been receiving missed calls on his mobile number at random almost once a day or two. The number flashing is +6707xxxx3x90. It rings for one or two times or sometimes more and stops. Sometimes it comes even post midnight! It’s annoying.

So far the call has not been answered or even called back. Moreover seems (google search) like there’s a country code 670 that belongs to some small city/country in south east asia. Being a basic phone, there does not seem to be call blocking feature.

Anyone experienced similar issue? Any ways to block it just in case on basic phone?

dont answer it,respond or even cut it,just let it go
such numbers have been reported to cause your provider to charge amounts of money via a bug of some kind
i suggest you report it to your service provider and get it blocked

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
Just try to receive it. And see what happens. You have nothing to loose. I had that problem in the past. I had got calls from pakistan and 1-2 were from saudi arab lol.
I quickly picked the one from pakistan as they used to give only 3-4 rings at a time before disconnecting.

The good news was, I had won Rs 25lks. ;-)
I did that for 2 times and they stopped calling me.

Nowadays incoming is free. If you can get it blocked then it's well and good. If you can't, just pick the call up, atleast you would end up getting his money used..

If you won't call back. Then there is no way that you can be charged for receiving a call in your home network when incoming is free.

Top Bottom