Facing lots of problems with linksys WRT54G V7 !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehra.rakesh

Journeyman
Hey everyone .. I have a linksys wireless router WRT54G .Since in india only v7 is being sold so i asked someone from eu to bring me one ... But then to my dismay i found that it also was version 7 .. The only consolation being that i got it real cheap about 1800 Rs. as the money on taxes was returned back ......

I am using this with the huawei mt880 modem from BSNL and now i am having considerable problems in uploading/downloading torrents or in uploading email attatchments or for that matter any type of file anywhere on the net ... Also if the line drops the router doesn't redial even when redial is enabled in the settings ... I am pretty much banging my head on this piece of junk and thinking of buying another one from US ....

Any help to solve the problem is welcome !!!!!

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I would suggest you enable the routing in your MT880 and use the WRT54G only as an access point. Looks like there are lot of port-forwarding issues. Don't let the Wifi router dial. Put in your username and password in the ADSL modem itself and operate it under PPPoE mode.

OP
M

mehra.rakesh

Journeyman
Thanks but it was a typical copy paste replies so was not convinced at all .Thanks for helping mate !! neways did a bit of hunting and found out that the older f/w was the problem ... the 07 f/w though unstable did away wit the torrent prob .... Maybe the RIAA was behind this or guys at CISCO were being absolutely dumb If anyone cares the v7 f/w is not listed on the linksys us site and can be only found in eu & asia region sites ....

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
it is one of the worst versions of the wrt54g series..and i got one too..however passed away after a lightning strike..even the thunder god don't like it
and it was not released in the US thats why it wasnt there in the US site..

and while looking for routers..found one (wrt54g v7) in one shop..i think around 1700-1800 if i remember correctly..dont ever buy this crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom