Facebook notifications problem

Is facebook notification working properly ?

• Total voters

InnocentAk

Right off the assembly line
There's a problem with notification system on facebook. I don't know if this problem started with new Timeline feature or by something else. When I log into my facebook account, i see the notifications count for eg. 25 but when i click on that little button, it only lists the enough notifications to fit on the screen ie. max 8. Some suggested to install new version of Firefox. I tried doing that but its the same in both chrome and firefox. Another user commented about this -
Its same for everyone. The problem with the new notification is, if you do not click on any notification, it will consider you have not read it. It's just like text messages on phones. You have to click on the notification in order for fb to think you read it. For example; lets assume you have two notifications now. One is of a comment and another of a like. You just click on the notification of the comment thread. You just ignored the notification of the like. Now, the next time you login, lets suppose you have only one more notification, lets say which is of a tagged photo. But fb will show that you have 2 notification, ie it includes the previous one which you did not click, so it shows all unread notifications. It took a while for me to realize dat, and its so irritating!
But this happens with only chrome not with firefox but my problem is different. I have another account of same name, in which timeline is not activated and it works normal there. When the notification button is clicked, all notifications are listed in that section. Please suggest me what to do? and i also want to know how to report about this problem to 'facebook help' ? I don't see any "Ask Your Question" or something like that in Facebook Help.

Akshay Raut, Kalyan

Top Bottom