F1 plz. how to uninstall ME.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drsood123

Broken In
i installed win me on c: because my win xp in c: got corrupt.
after that i tried to install win xp on c: by formatting it.
i formatted it but when i rebooted my system i got the options to start both win me & win xp. i am also able to use both.
i explored my pc and found that both were installed on same drive.
i went to C:\WINDOWS.000\OPTIONS\INSTALL\uninstall.exe, then i get the message :
"windows millenium edition setup did not save your original system files, or the information has since been deleted.

windows millenium edition cannot be uninstalled."

is there any way to uninstall win me without damaging win xp files
or
any way to delete all win me files safely manually.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
ur post is contedoctory.... see here u r saing that U had ME installed on C:.... & u have formated the drive b4 installeing the XP.... if u have done this then there is no option in the earth to show u a dual boot screen....

u must have installed it in deferent drive or u smiple didnt formated the drive in the 1st place....

so for this one... u better reinstall the XP... after u format the C: drive properly....

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Go to C:/Windows/boot.ini(or search the file boot.ini)

there u will see a line which says abt windows me

remove that line and ur computer will show no windows me option

tell me if it helped u

D

Deleted member 5901

Edited:

Users are expected to reply to topics where in they can help/share things. If you have nothing to contribute please do not post useless replies. Posting links to personal forums for others users to post their queries in there is unacceptable. Refrain from doing so from now on.

Consider this a first warning

Sourabh

busyanuj

In the zone
@drsood123, since both windows me and XP are installed into the same partition, they must be sharing the same program files folder. Therefore it is advisable that you clean format the C drive and install Windows XP again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom