External Hard disk(1tb) required for a budget of 4100

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Hey guys, So i need to buy a external hard drive urgently. I looked up at FK and there are a variety of options from 2.5 to 3.5 etc. Getting confused with these options, so was hoping that you could help me with these choices. Honestly i prefer WD over seagate. Have had some poor experience with seagate before. I need quick transfer speeds and minimum of 1tb storage. Quite a lot of important files will be stored, so i need a reliable one.

WD My Passport Ultra 2.5 inch 1 TB External Hard Drive - WD: Flipkart.com

WD Elements 2.5 inch 1 TB External Hard Drive - WD: Flipkart.com

Whats the difference between these two models?

reniarahim1

Youngling
WD My Passport has some extra software's bundled for backup and security purposes.

If you want to use these functionality go for My Passport - WD My Passport Ultra 2.5 inch 1 TB External Hard Drive - WD: Flipkart.com

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
if reliability is your main concern then do not rely on only 1 hard disk.make sure to have backup of important data in another hdd.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
WD My Passport has some extra software's bundled for backup and security purposes.

If you want to use these functionality go for My Passport - WD My Passport Ultra 2.5 inch 1 TB External Hard Drive - WD: Flipkart.com

Honestly speaking, i dont need some of these security purposes, but will it take some of the space away from the hard drive??Will i get less storage space if i go for the passport version?Is the speed same in both?

- - - Updated - - -

if reliability is your main concern then do not rely on only 1 hard disk.make sure to have backup of important data in another hdd.

I have 3 more external hdd, all WD, had one seagate hdd but that went bad. Data is backed up anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok i have placed an order for WD ultra 1tb.Thanks everyone

Top Bottom