external graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitspiky

Right off the assembly line
i have intel crestline GM 965 motherboard with intel GMA X3100 .
i want to put external graphics card on my laptop . plz tell me which graphics card is suitable for me .
thanks in advance

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
There's Amilo or Camilo HD3650, but it won't be cheap. And I don't think it's available in India.

In short, bad idea.

OP
A

amitspiky

Right off the assembly line
so can i put an internal graphics card because it just need socket which can be provided outside also

yogeshm.007

The real Bond
You mean your laptop does not have vga out and you need that or do you need TV-out?
Whether you can add another internal card or not depends on the motherboard model. Download cpuz from *www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php and run it. Go to Mainboard tab and post whatever is given after Graphic Interface. If it is disabled, then your m/b does not have a slot for internal graphics card.

yogeshm.007

The real Bond
^^^AFAIK-U cannot add a gfx card on a laptop l8er, it's soldered.
Really, I'd no idea about that :shock:

EDIT: Little bit of googling seem to point out that a graphics card can be installed/replaced on a laptop, just that it is not as easy a process as on a PC.

Last edited:

Silicon Chip

Broken In
Use Everest Ultimate and see if u hv a PCIe x16 2.0 slot.
Plus the laptop should be designed to accomodate a MXM card, plus you will need a new power adapter and as the wattage will increase.

In short: a laptop with already a gfx card can be upgraded if a panel is provided.
In a laptop without a gfx card u cant add a gfx card due to power and heat problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom