Experts Help Needed !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

p900

Broken In
Hello everybody .

guys i am using SIFY broadband connection in Delhi through LAN CABLE .
I have a desktop PC (without wi-fi ) and a laptop ( with wi-fi enabled ).
Now i wanna setup a wireless connection in my room so that i can browse internet either on my desktop or on my laptop . I wud request you EXPERTS to suggest me as to what exactly i need to do ?
What ROUTER or What wi-fi card do i need to set up a wi-fi connection between my desktop , laptop nd SIFY BROADBAND CONNECTION ?

virus_killer

Journeyman
You can do that without wireless router too , try this *www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/bowman_02april08.mspx

OP
P

p900

Broken In
thnks frnd.. i did checkd dat link ..bt accding to dat it will allow me to share da connection b/w desktop nd laptop ..i was asking as if how can i make a wi-fi network in my room ...dat it can be my wish to either use only da desktop or only the laptop for internet surfing widout any use of wires !

virus_killer

Journeyman
You don't need any cables to make that connection, What you need is just a 802.11b wireless card, It's just like LAN card , once you installed in your Desktop PC and have to configur that, and than it becomes your another computer with wi-fi enabled, just make an ad hoc connection in your both laptop and desktop pc to access internet connection so that you can use in both.

amitava82

MMO Addict
Your question has already been answered by virus_killer. here is another help for you
*www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&clie...t+up+an+ad+hoc+WiFi+network&btnG=Search&meta=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom