error on reinstalling hp psc 1310 series printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

vuwanrai

Right off the assembly line
I have a hp psc 1310 series printer. due to some software problems I uninstalled the drivers through "add or remove programme". I also deleted manually all related HP entries from the registry and Programme files. Now when I try to reinstall the drivers through the HP cd, the following error message shows:
"access denied
F:\setup\hpzprl01.exe -m preloadproduct drivers -1 ENU -f C:\WINDOWS\hpoins 04.dat -Validate No -w5...." and the installation stops.
Please help!!! I use XP SP2.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
did your PC come with other HP apps.

btw use CCleaner & a good registry cleaner to do the cleaning stuuf, coz they do it in th SAFEST possible way.

OP
V

vuwanrai

yeah, i cleaned the registry by using registry cleaner. still same result.:mad:

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
are you following these steps..
=>Do not Plug the Printer to the USB port of PC
=>Insert the Installation CD & follow the steps
=>When the Installation Wizard asks to Connect the Printer, then only Connect it & then Follow the onscreen instructions.

OP
V

vuwanrai

yeah, I did what u suggested, but the @#$%^& problem still persists!!!!!! As a last resort, am thinking of reinstalling XP. what do u suggest?

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
did you PC come with Pre-Installed XP

Last edited:
OP
V

vuwanrai

I installed the XP myself and no, no pop-ups, everything is running fine. And by the way, thanks for sticking with me so far!:rolleyes:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
no probs.

so you bought XP separately.

well next time dont edit anything in Registry yourself, use TuneUp Utilities 2007 to edit, it has a registry backup feature, so any mistakes you make, can be undone:wink:
use CCleaner for cleaning Junk/.tmp files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom