ERROR MESSAGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

harmads

Journeyman
I use Windows98 + IE + Outlook etc. Many a times, when shutting down, I get a message box:

"Sharing
There are 1 file(s) open by users connected to your computer. Shutting down your computer will close this file and may cause those users to lose data. Do you want to continue
"

Whereas my comp is a stand alone comp not connected to LAN. Can someone explain what is happening and how I can prevent it.

Thanks

Sourabh

Laptoping
naah , i guess its cos of different user profiles in the system

log off first and then try again when u get those messages

hope u havent connected to some ftp sites before shutting down ur system

K

khattam_

Do you have multiple users??

Ok, anyways, this might solve for standalone users.
In control panel, open the Network Setup Wizard and then Press Next............Next and "This computer conncets directly to the inteenet............................"
This may help.........................
Try it and inform me if it does........................
This should not have any bad effects so you should try this....................

OP
H

harmads

Journeyman
Thankyou Delta,Sourabh & khattam for your inputs...

yes I do have internet. 24x7 . and this PC is in my office. Nobody else uses this PC. This message is displayed only at the time of shut down. Do you think this could be happening because of Kaaza. Well this software is sitting on my HD. I used it about ayear back.After that it has not been used. Could this be sending any info ?

khattam.. my Control Panel does not have Network Setup Wizard

busyanuj

In the zone
if you aren't using Kazaa then uninstall it now.
Kazaa is known to be notorious because many spywares and adwares creep into your system through it.
Does Kazaa remain running all the time (in the background) ?

you told that your comp remains 24/7 on internet.

OP
H

harmads

Journeyman
Hi experts on the forum..

I have uninstalled Kazaa nad Hotbar . Installed Spybot.. but these files "speedy.pif" and others of the kind are not leaving me. What next can I try.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom